Technical Writer (m/f)
At SumUp, we are driven to empower small businesses across the globe by de-hassling their lives and helping them to succeed. Our vision as a global FinTech company is to build the first-ever global card acceptance brand, and we are well on our way as small businesses in over 31 countries around the world rely on SumUp to get paid. To get there we are putting together an awesome team that is committed to one another and to our merchants. You could be our missing link! Help us bring card acceptance to the masses!
Our boldness, startup mindset, empathy and love for product foster a creative environment for our employees. We value an entrepreneurial spirit and seek to build lasting relationships among our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can help small businesses grow.
Currently our SumUp office in Sofia is looking for a Technical Writer.
What you’ll be doing in this position
- Manage the production and publishing of various documentation sets
- Collaborate with Engineers and Product owners to understand new and existing features and functions
- Identify user needs and use cases to focus priorities
- Write and edit various technical documents, white papers, presentations and other content for a variety of internal and external audiences
- Excellent English writing and communicating skills
- Understand and communicate complex information in a clear, understandable and concise manner
- 5 years of experience writing software documentation in a web production environment
- Writing and editing experience
- Experience working closely with engineering and product teams as part of the software development process
- Experience in project and process management of a documentation set
- Experience in CMS (content management systems) and/or HAT (help authoring tools)
- Proven track record of problem solving
- Be part of one of world’s most exciting startups, on a mission to take over the world.
- Competitive compensation and education budget.
- Three days of extra vacation +1 day added every year
- Additional Health Insurance
- Participate in our weekly developer events, like Lunch & Learn and Hack Fridays.
- We get together regularly for brunches, cocktail nights, football, yoga, massages and office parties.
- At least one off-site every year, where the tech teams from Berlin, Sofia, and São Paulo gather to hack together. In the past we've gone to Germany, Bulgaria and Greece.