Senior Brand Designer (m/f)
We are the leading mobile point-of-sale (mPOS) company in Europe. We started out 5 years ago, building our payment service from scratch and in the process, changing the card acceptance industry forever. We created a unique device which alongside a smartphone, allows small merchants to accept card payments anywhere. Whether our merchants are brewing coffee or fixing cars, we ensured our products were something anyone could understand, so our merchants can get back to what they do best. From our paperless onboarding to taking the first payment, we make it easy.
Today, hundreds of thousands of small businesses in 30 countries around the world rely on SumUp to get paid. In addition to our original hardware, mobile and web apps we have gone on to develop a suite of APIs and SDKs to integrate SumUp payment into other apps and services.
The Design Team
Joining the Design team will be interesting for you if you’re excited by the potential to work with many different platforms/mediums with a desire and hunger to constantly improve and innovate in these spaces.
We have physical hardware (made in Berlin), localized websites, mobile apps on iOS and Android, third-party integrations and a merchant-facing web app. The Team is located in Berlin and Sao Paolo, Brazil covering everything from User Experience and Interaction Design to Brand and Communication Design.
Help us bring card acceptance to the masses!
What we're looking for
We’re looking for a Senior Designer to help us in refining SumUp’s branding and communications on the path to becoming the first global card acceptance brand. You’ll analyse the market and trends, formulating concepts and strategies to reach our customers. You’ll work closely with our marketing and communications team to define the branding for our new and existing products including print & digital ads, packaging etc. From the perfect image to vibrant illustrations and everything in between, you’ll think big to reach our common goal.
You'll fit in perfectly to our team if:
- You are a design geek who loves graphic design
- You have experience working with existing brands as well as building brands with a clean slate
- You know how to develop and maintain a visual brand for companies and products
- You are experienced working across web, print, and marketing channels (including decks, clothing, packaging, event collateral)
- You are always striving to improve your craft
- You're comfortable balancing foundational design explorations with getting projects out the door and iterating fast.
- You love working with different Stakeholders in a company, providing creative leadership and guidance to a talented team of designers.
- You have 4+ years experience as a Graphic/Communication Designer
- You’re familiar with modern design tools and services
- Excellent communication and presentation skills which help you to communicate ideas and concepts with team members from a wide range of countries and cultures
- You have a strong design aesthetic - photography skills, motion graphics, illustration, and conceptual ad skills are all a big plus
- You are comfortable in English. German is a bonus.
- Flat hierarchies and the opportunity to have an impact, irrespective of your job description.
- Convenient location in the heart of Mitte at U-Bahn Oranienburger Tor.
- All the startup swag you expect: kicker table, table tennis, beer in the fridge, and more!
- Our office has a strong sense of community; we get together regularly for brunches, cocktail nights, soccer, and yoga.
- Our team comes from 24 different countries creating a fun, international environment.
We'd be happy to receive your application including your resume, cover letter and portfolio that demonstrates your experience.