Senior System Administrator (Devops)
As a System Administrator, you would be working alongside other engineers to design tools that assist in the development of applications, but also allow development teams to deploy and run their applications in production. We use tools such as Amazon Web Services, Docker/Containers, Jenkins, Prometheus, GitHub and much more.
We're looking for someone that is enthusiastic about new technologies, who's excited about working closely with a small group of engineers and developers, who enjoys taking ownership of their work, who wants to help us think about and design new infrastructure solutions, who wants to introduce new technology ideas, and who wants to learn.
- Ensure availability of Production and Development systems
- Research, analyze and implement new technology solutions for infrastructure
- Closely work with the development team to improve rollout and deployment of new product features and installations to facilitate our rapid and constant growth
- Automate, automate and automate…
- English is mandatory as you'll be part of a truly global organization, you will work with people of 30+ different countries every day.
- 5+ years experience with web services administration on Linux
- Hands-on scripting with shell or Python/Ruby/Golang
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with monitoring highly available systems
- Experience with automation tools (Ansible, Terraform, Puppet, Chef or similar)
- Experience in CI/CD solutions
It's a plus if you have experience with the following:
- Docker and Kubernetes
- Terraform, Consul, Vault, Packer
- Security standards
- Prometheus or StatsD-based monitoring systems
- Experience with Atlassian tools
- Health Insurance
- Food and Transportation voucher
- Gympass Discounts
- Free italian coffee and free fruits
- Competitive compensation
- Empowerment to do great things and the opportunity to leave your mark in a high-growth organization
- An amazing team and work environment, that works with passion and purpose to achieve incredible results
- Opportunity to travel to Europe as part of a global engineering team
If you want to know what it's like to work at SumUp, check out our careers page at https://sumup.com/careers.
We are looking forward to receiving your application!
We started SumUp to make payments fast, intuitive and inexpensive so that transactions become "invisible", happening seamlessly in the background. By doing so we empower individuals to sell more, to buy more conveniently and with more choices, ultimately making merchants more successful and driving businesses' economic growth. To get there we build payment solutions that are Intuitive (user-centric), Inclusive (affordable) and Innovative (tech-enabled). We are a team of hardworking, talented people with one goal: build striking payment solutions to empower the world.
We process more than 300 thousand transactions per month, and because of that we are moved by a desire to always seek the best solutions. Concurrency, high performance, scalability and high availability are ever-present in our daily routine. To accomplish this challenge, we use tools and languages that most suit any given problem so learning fast is one of the most welcome skills for us. We know we're in for some big challenges and in order to deliver the best solutions we'll need the best engineers. Are you up for this challenge? Apply now!
Why work for us?
We do things differently. We build our own payment solution end-to-end so that we can always offer the best value and service. We know how vital payment is to small businesses, so we use our technology to solve their problems. We believe in open and transparent communication, not strict rules and hierarchies. We are a team of hardworking, talented people with one goal: to build a better way to get paid. We've got some huge challenges ahead of us, and we need smart, creative people to help us tackle them. If you think you've got what it takes—join us