Bilingual Marketing and Communications Specialist (m/f)
BancoEstado has partnered with SumUp, the leading mobile point-of-sale (mPOS) company in Europe, to create the first Payment Facilitator and mPOS provider in Chile. This new venture-backed company has as its mission to create a micro-acquiring network that will enable thousands of PYMES throughout the country to grow their business by accepting debit and credit card payments, using their smartphones or tablets, in a simple, secure and cost-effective way.
We are now looking for a very smart and ambitious about-to-graduate student, to join our team in Chile as a Bilingual Marketing and Communications Specialist. In this role, you will constantly interact with peers and with the company’s local management, BancoEstado’s marketing department, as well as with SumUp’s global teams based in Berlin, London and Sofia. As such, you will have to be extremely articulate, and be comfortable communicating with a very diverse array of stakeholders in English and Spanish, fluently and idiomatically (requirement).
The Bilingual Marketing Intern position is a very hands-on role, ideal for a person who wants to learn how a brand is built from scratch, while applying his/her insights and marketing acumen in achieving so. In this role, you will:
Understand our brand values, our global communication strategy and adapt it to the Chilean market.
Produce all written communication in Spanish, for both original documents and translations.
Be the interface between Chile and Germany/Dublin in all topics related to media and communication.
Lead our social media efforts in Chile.Be creative and develop cool ideas and events that will promote our awesome brand
Identify and communicate the appropriate tone to be used in Chile in all marketing communications, both online and offline.
Help with graphic design and PR, among other responsibilities.
- Be currently enrolled in a 4-year Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Design or similar education, and a solid academic record.
- Expected to graduate no later than December 2016, or in the middle of writing/presenting your final thesis.
- Ability to speak and write in English and Spanish, fluently and idiomatically.
- Excellent presentation skills; basic knowledge of design software (Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.) a major plus.
Preferred Qualifications: The ideal candidate will:
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and hands-on attitude, demonstrated either professionally or through extracurricular activities (clubs, associations or hobbies).
- Be self-sufficient and with decision taking capacity; must be comfortable dealing with and managing ambiguity.
- International experience will be a major plus.
- Get excited with the entrepreneurial, fast-paced, high-responsibility atmosphere of a growing startup!
***ONLY CANDIDATES WHO ARE ABOUT TO GRADUATE FROM A CHILEAN UNIVERSITY, AND WHO CURRENTLY LIVE IN CHILE, WILL BE CONSIDERED***
- Short decision-making process in a high-tech, lively and international environment
- Challenging tasks, encouragement for full accountability and ability to challenge the status quo and propose your own new ideas
- Wide scope for action
- Highly motivated teams with flat hierarchies
- This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for an overachiever to help change the face of the payments industry in Chile, with the support from a global payment leader and one of the most trusted banks in the country.