Product Owner - POS (m/f)
We are the leading mobile point-of-sale (mPOS) company in Europe. We started out 5 years ago and built our payment service from scratch to shake up the industry and wake up the entrepreneur within anyone. We created a unique device that with the smartphone that’s in your pocket, allows small merchants to accept card payments anywhere. Whether our merchants are brewing coffee or fixing cars, we want to make technology that everyone knows how to use. So our merchants can get on with what they do best. From our paperless onboarding to taking the first payment, we make it easy. Traditional offerings leave out small businesses, we don’t. We are open and honest about our pricing and have no hidden fees.
Today, hundreds of thousands of small businesses in 16 countries around the world rely on SumUp to get paid. In addition to our original hardware, mobile and web apps we have gone on to develop a suite of APIs and SDKs to integrate SumUp payment into other apps and services.
Why work for us?
We do things differently. We build our own payment solution end-to-end so that we can always offer the best value & service. We know how vital payment is to small business, so we use our technology to solve their problems. We believe in open and transparent communication, not strict rules and hierarchies. If you’re looking for the chance to innovate, and disrupt the payment industry – join us. We are a team of hardworking, talented people with one goal: to build a better way to get paid. We’ve got some huge challenges ahead of us, and we need smart, creative people to help us tackle them. If you think you’ve got what it takes - join us.
About the job:
SumUp is the leading mPOS terminal provider in Europe with hundreds of thousands of small businesses around the world. We started out over 5 years ago with card acceptance and in the course of time we’ve gone beyond payments and into the point-of-sale (POS) business. We are committed to providing tools to our merchants which will help them manage their day-to-day activities, take care of their books and access powerful reports. As a Product Owner for the POS domain, you will lay the foundations of SumUp’s digital POS solution. You will oversee the product development from initial idea into execution and will be responsible for the product’s localization and compliance with country specific regulatory requirements.
- be part of a team driving a vision to make our digital POS solution a household name in all current and future geographies
- research the market, players, competitors, and partners as well as internal stakeholders to gage insight and build a feature roadmap
- study customers’ needs and translate them into clearly defined product requirements
- work closely with a team of engineers, designers, quality assurance specialists, and data analysts to implement user stories into customer features
- balance new feature development, technical debt payoff, and routine maintenance work with focus on time to market and functional design
- not shy away from prototyping, wire-framing, mockup-ing and eating your own dog food
- advocate for your product within the organization and outside
- manage stakeholder relationships
- support POS solution’s sales, merchant services, marketing and operational units
- document and train
We are in search of fresh additions to our product team. If you are a person who:
- has 2+ years of experience in product management in an agile organization
- has earned a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business or Engineering
- is fluent in English
- has solid background managing cross functional, cross location teams
- possesses product and/or technical knowledge in web and mobile applications development and API integrations
- appreciates incremental software development with focus on fast product delivery
- has previous digital POS experience or has ever worked with a POS register be it in a shop, a café or a restaurant
- is enthusiastic about customers and understands their needs
- can inspire, excite, and lead by example
- feels strong ownership of their own and their team’s work
- enjoys responsibility and has a hands-on approach
- is an analytical and practical problem solver
Then you are what we are looking for.
- Flat hierarchies and the opportunity to have an impact, irrespective of your job description.
- Convenient location in the heart of Mitte at U-Bahn Oranienburger Tor.
- All the startup swag you expect: kicker table, table tennis, beer in the fridge, and more!
- Our office has a strong sense of community; we get together regularly for brunches, cocktail nights, soccer, and yoga.
- Our team comes from 24 different countries creating a fun, international environment.
If you want to know what it’s like to work at SumUp check our careers page: https://sumup.com/careers
If there's something you'd like to ask, feel free to get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org