Quality Assurance Engineer (m/f)
We are the leading mobile point-of-sale (mPOS) company in Europe. We started out 5 years ago and built our payment service from scratch to shake up the industry and wake up the entrepreneur within anyone. We created a unique device that with the smartphone that’s in your pocket, allows small merchants to accept card payments anywhere. Whether our merchants are brewing coffee or fixing cars, we want to make technology that everyone knows how to use. So our merchants can get on with what they do best. From our paperless onboarding to taking the first payment, we make it easy. Traditional offerings leave out small businesses, we don’t. We are open and honest about our pricing and have no hidden fees.
Today, hundreds of thousands of small businesses in 16 countries around the world rely on SumUp to get paid. In addition to our original hardware, mobile and web apps we have gone on to develop a suite of APIs and SDKs to integrate SumUp payment into other apps and services.
Why work for us?
We do things differently. We build our own payment solution end-to-end so that we can always offer the best value & service. We know how vital payment is to small business, so we use our technology to solve their problems. We believe in open and transparent communication, not strict rules and hierarchies. If you’re looking for the chance to innovate, and disrupt the payment industry – join us. We are a team of hardworking, talented people with one goal: to build a better way to get paid. We’ve got some huge challenges ahead of us, and we need smart, creative people to help us tackle them. If you think you’ve got what it takes - join us.
We are looking for experienced and highly motivated Quality Assurance Engineers with passion to quality. You will work in a dynamic and professional environment and will have the chance to contribute to various applications that make our product unique.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Work in IT department of professionals situated in 3 different locations across the globe.
- Perform acceptance, functional, regression and exploratory testing on the SumUp platform. Take care of manual, automation tests and investigate production issues.
- Ensure quality of client-server based system on Web and mobile devices.
- Be part of feature focused agile teams where full cycle of development process is accomplished: from planning and development to release and verification on Production environment.
- Read remote system logs.
- Create test plans, test documentation and manuals.
- Work in a dynamic development life cycle – releases every week.
- Commit pro-active approach within the team. Communicate and collaborate with colleagues within and outside of the Software Department to deliver best value.
- At least 5 years experience in manual and automation testing.
- Strong understanding of network communications between software components in a distributed environment.
- Experience with RESTful services and testing tools (i.e., SoapUI, curl)
- Android/iOS application experience.
- Experience with SQL.
- Basic knowledge in Linux most common console commands for file system navigation and display.
- Understanding of XML/HTML/JSON formats and HTTP protocol.
- Experience with test management tools (Testrail, JIRA).
- Knowledge of financial systems and card payments would be an advantage.
Soft skills required:
- Analytical and user experience thinking. Attention to detail is the base of the job.
- Proven ability of trouble shooting and investigation techniques.
- Pragmatic with a strong focus on delivery of business value.
- Open-minded and willing to learn new technologies.
- Flexible and open to change.
- Planning and organization: strong time management and organizational skills, ability to prioritize own tasks.
- Target Driven (including resilience and stress management) remain focused on goals even when under pressure and maintain effective work despite challenges.
- Enthusiastic, dedicated and willing to learn.
If you want to know what it’s like to work at SumUp check our careers page: https://sumup.com/careers
If there's something you'd like to ask, feel free to get in touch: email@example.com.
Only candidates with valid work permit for Germany will be considered for the position.