Junior Finance Controller
SumUpers are inspired by a dream: payments must be so easy, intuitive and cheap that transaction happens and people don’t even realize it. Our intuitive, inclusive and innovative payment solutions are the first step towards this world. We are proud of our amazing and challenging working environment.
Excited about building striking payments to empower the world? Join the team!
Our SumUp office in Berlin is now hiring for the position of Junior Finance Controller!
In this role, you will be responsible for undertaking aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures.
While in this role, your main responsibilities will be:
- Managing accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL and Counsel, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition;
- Assisting in the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances;
- Coordinating the preparation of regulatory reporting;
- Researching technical accounting issues for compliance;
- Supporting month-end and year-end close process;
- Ensuring quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting;
- Managing and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings;
- Developing and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
You will fit perfectly to our team if:
- You are fluent in English - you'll be part of a truly global company!
- You have experience working as a Financial controller;
- You have 1/2+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience;
- You have Advanced degree in Accounting;
- You have thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures;
- You have experience with creating financial statements, general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process;
- You are excellent accounting software user and have administration skills.
It will be considered a plus if:
- You have CPA or CMA.
- Flat hierarchies and the opportunity to have an impact, irrespective of your job description.
- All the startup swag you expect: kicker table, table tennis, beer in the fridge, and more!
- Our office has a strong sense of community; we get together regularly for brunches, cocktail nights, soccer, and yoga.
- Our team comes from 24 different countries creating a fun, international environment.