Board Associate Finance
At SumUp, we are driven to empower small businesses across the globe, by reducing their hassle and helping them to succeed. Our vision is to build the first-ever global card acceptance brand.
To get there we are putting together an awesome team that is committed to one another and to our customer. You could be our missing link! Help us bring card acceptance to the masses!
Through our boldness, startup mindset, empathy and our love for product, hundreds of thousands of small businesses in over 31 countries around the world rely on SumUp to get paid. We value entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can help small businesses grow, lift up societies and sustain our environment.
Our Chief Financial Officer is looking for an Board Associate who will work very closely to him and the rest of the global leadership team and support him with internal team communications and special projects. Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Work with our Head of Finance to transform our Finance organization, preparing our 60+ people team to reach the next milestones
- Provide professional support for the CFO in implementing and driving a platform strategy as well as operational day-to-day business.´
- Support in budgeting and business planning.
- Find and assess potential acquisition targets for SumUp
- Accelerate our growth by launching and executing special projects.
- Analyse and improve processes with a long term builder mindset.
- Prioritize conflicting needs in a fast-paced environment, handling matters proactively and making decisions.
- Assist in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings and off-sites, and all staff meetings.
- You have a bachelor degree in International Business Administration or related, preferable Master in Finance degree.
- First hands-on experiences (preferably in the area of finance and/or project management, as well as a high affinity to financial objectives
- Motivation and Flexibility
- You have a minimum of 2 years of experience in consulting, IB or Big 4.
- You are structured and able to solve complex problems autonomously.
- You have excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and lateral leadership skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, while multitasking and maintaining a strong eye for details.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- The opportunity to have an impact, irrespective of your job description.
- Our team comes from 40 different countries building a fun, international environment.
- Convenient location in the heart of Alexanderplatz, in one of the coolest offices in Berlin.
- All the start-up perks you can imagine!
Why work for SumUp?
We do things differently. We build our own payment solution end-to-end so that we can always offer the best value & service. We know how vital payment is to small business, so we use our technology to solve their problems. We believe in open and transparent communication, not strict rules and hierarchies. If you’re looking for the chance to innovate, and disrupt the payment industry – join us.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by Company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.