Product Analyst (m/f)
We are the leading mobile point-of-sale (mPOS) company in Europe. We started out 5 years ago and built our payment service from scratch to shake up the industry and wake up the entrepreneur within anyone. We created a unique device that with the smartphone that’s in your pocket, allows small merchants to accept card payments anywhere. Whether our merchants are brewing coffee or fixing cars, we want to make technology that everyone knows how to use. So our merchants can get on with what they do best. From our paperless onboarding to taking the first payment, we make it easy. Traditional offerings leave out small businesses, we don’t. We are open and honest about our pricing and have no hidden fees.
Today, hundreds of thousands of small businesses in 16 countries around the world rely on SumUp to get paid. In addition to our original hardware, mobile and web apps we have gone on to develop a suite of APIs and SDKs to integrate SumUp payment into other apps and services.
Why work for us?
We do things differently. We build our own payment solution end-to-end so that we can always offer the best value & service. We know how vital payment is to small business, so we use our technology to solve their problems. We believe in open and transparent communication, not strict rules and hierarchies. If you’re looking for the chance to innovate, and disrupt the payment industry – join us. We are a team of hardworking, talented people with one goal: to build a better way to get paid. We’ve got some huge challenges ahead of us, and we need smart, creative people to help us tackle them. If you think you’ve got what it takes - join us.
The Product Manager POS is the go-to-person for all things product for our internal venture „SumUp Point of Sale“. With a website in seven localized versions, a Register App and a Cloud Backend in five languages and an ever-increasing number of features, you’ll be the person who keeps the overview of it all, closing the gap between business and product, communicating and coordinating between internal and external stakeholders in all areas along the value chain, including Sales, Support, Marketing and Operations.
- You own a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business or Engineering.
- You’re generally outgoing, not afraid to approach people and ask questions.
- You understand complex structures in a heartbeat and you’re able to explain them in a simple way.
- You’re curious and don’t stop exploring until you get to the bottom of any story.
- You care about the big picture, but you know that more often than not, the details matter just as much.
- You have an excellent level of written and spoken english. German is a plus but not a requirement.
- If you have ever worked with a POS, be it in a shop, a café or a restaurant, that’s a plus.
- You manage our Point of Sale Product end to end
- You are the point of contact for an external software developer
- You understand the big picture of our business and translate it into easy to grasp requirements and tasks to the development team
- You advocate for your product within the organization and outside and manage relationships with all relevant stakeholders
- You organize regular product trainings with the team
- You coordinate message, content creation and translations hand in hand with marketing
- You research the market, players, competitors and partners to gage insight and build a feature roadmap
- Flat hierarchies and the opportunity to have an impact, irrespective of your job description.
- Convenient location in the heart of Mitte at U-Bahn Oranienburger Tor.
- All the startup swag you expect: kicker table, table tennis, beer in the fridge, and more!
- Our office has a strong sense of community; we get together regularly for brunches, cocktail nights, soccer, and yoga.
- Our team comes from 24 different countries creating a fun, international environment
If you want to know what it’s like to work at SumUp check our careers page: https://sumup.com/careers
If there's something you'd like to ask, feel free to get in touch: email@example.com