Head of Content Marketing
At SumUp, we are driven to empower small businesses across the globe by de-hassling their lives and helping them to succeed. Our vision as a global FinTech company is to build the first-ever global card acceptance brand, and we are well on our way as small businesses in over 31 countries around the world rely on SumUp to get paid. To get there, we are putting together an awesome team that is committed to one another and to our merchants. You could be our missing link! Help us bring card acceptance to the masses!
SumUp’s Marketing team is composed by two main pillars. The first includes Public Relations, Brand and Product Marketing, the guardians of SumUp’s corporate identity and product branding. The goal of this pillar is to make SumUp’s brand known to the world and empower our teams to become true ambassadors of our products and company. The second pillar, Acquisition, has the goal to acquire new merchants and increase SumUp’s net revenue worldwide. This goal is achieved through strategically placed and creatively designed online and offline marketing campaigns. As the Head of Content your role will be to create and align the content flowing through both marketing pillars - making sure that all material produced contains the correct tone of voice and continues to encompass our values.
- You’ll report directly to the VP Marketing of Europe and will be in charge of developing the vision and strategy for Content Marketing at SumUp.
- You’ll drive real business value (e.g. acquiring new customers, improving conversion) by developing and deploying content across multiple platforms (website, blog, emails, case studies, etc.).
- You’ll oversee copywriting and localisation processes and tools across 31 markets and 21 languages, setting the content team for success.
- You’ll work in close collaboration with Online Marketing, Brand Marketing, PR & Communication, CRM and Product Marketing to enable the teams to run successful campaigns.
- You’ll Identify relevant topics and develop a compelling editorial calendar, while safeguarding the tone of voice of our brand.
- Depending on platform, you’ll optimize content for SEO and Google Analytics.
- You have a university degree preferably in Marketing, Communications, Business Studies or Journalism.
- You have a proven track record of leading Content Marketing across multiple countries and languages for at least 5 years.
- You have the ability to lead and build a team, set the vision, and drive execution.
- You have exceptional verbal and written language skills (fluency in English is a must, other European languages preferable).
- You have a creative mind with a passion for technology.
- You are analytical and have a data-driven approach to decision-making.
- Flat hierarchies and the opportunity to have an impact, irrespective of your job description.
- Convenient location in the heart of Alexanderplatz.
- Our office has a strong sense of community; we get together regularly for breakfasts, brunches, soccer, German and yoga lessons.
- Our team comes from 40 different countries building a fun, international environment.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by Company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.