Our SumUp office in Sofia is now hiring for the position of Business Analyst to:
- Assist product development by focusing on system, functional and market analysis;
- Define key performance metrics and set up automated reporting for the purposes of monitoring, exploration, and prioritization
- Oversee production excellence, including incidents management
- Working closely with product owners in charge of card acceptance, card issuing and card processing to produce functional and system requirements, analyse 3rd party integration documentation and write, maintain and enhance proprietary system documentation
- Breaking down narratives and epics into user stories and working with engineering team members to implement features and validate them against acceptance criteria
- Taking active part in acquirer & card schemes certification process –administration, execution, sign off
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders – organizing acceptance tests, delivering product demos, extending live support
- Performing market research, including competitor analysis to help product owners identify and prioritize features.
- Providing dependable product data to inform and justify product development decisions
- Identifying product and process KPIs, setting up automated reports; performing quantitative analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (computer science, engineering, economics,
- math, statistics)
- Keen interest in fin-tech
- Some prior involvement with software development or previous work experience in a start-up or a fast-paced technology company
- Advanced SQL, Excel, sheets skills
- Basic Linux administration
- Analytical thinking and strong statistical foundations
- Strong communication skills
- Semi-annual off-sites, where the engineering and product teams from Berlin, Sofia and São Paulo gather together.
- We have a close and welcoming community. We get together regularly for board game nights, karaoke, and office parties.
- 23 days of paid vacation, plus one additional day for every year with the company.
- Multisport cards, yoga, and office massages.
- All the start-up swag you expect: kicker table, unlimited coffee, and a shiny MacBook
- Participation at conferences to build your skills and advance your career
About us:SumUp is the leading mobile point-of-sale (mPOS) company in Europe and is set to revolutionize the global payments market. With SumUp, merchants can accept credit and debit cards using their smartphones or tablets in a simple, secure and cost-efficient way. SumUp's mobile card acceptance solution is built on proprietary end-to-end EMV payment gateway technology, terminal hardware and mobile applications.
The company is authorized as a Payment Institution by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and is Europay, MasterCard, and Visa (EMV) and PCI-DSS certified, ensuring that payments are processed in accordance with the highest security standards. SumUp is backed by American Express, BBVA Ventures, Groupon and other renowned venture capital investors.
Launched in August 2012, SumUp has expanded into 31 countries, including the UK, Germany and Brazil and is set to continue its global expansion. It has an international and diverse office culture and major offices in London, Berlin, Sofia and São Paulo.