Architectural Project Manager
At SumUp, we are driven to empower small businesses across the globe by de-hassling their lives and helping them to succeed. Our vision as a global FinTech company is to build the first-ever global card acceptance brand, and we are well on our way as small businesses in over 31 countries around the world rely on SumUp to get paid. To get there, we are putting together an awesome team that is committed to one another and to our merchants. You could be our missing link! Help us bring card acceptance to the masses!
Our boldness, startup mindset, empathy and love for product foster a creative environment for our employees. We value an entrepreneurial spirit and seek to build lasting relationships among our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can help small businesses grow.
A crucial part of our long term journey is finding and creating our future SumUp Berlin headquarter. For this reason we are currently looking for a Architectural Project Manager who can help manage the process of us moving onto this next step. Your job will be to guide this project from conception to realisation; making sure that this project is completed on time, to the best quality and within budget whilst also maintaining the values that make us SumUP.
What you’ll be doing in this position
- You will be finding and assessing suitable properties/locations
- You will be liaising and negotiating with architects and agencies to help deliver the board vision
- You will oversee the administration of contracts, building regulation compliance, fee negotiation.
- You will manage budgets, Project programming and onsite delivery
- You will manage internal and external stakeholders to ensure project delivery
- You have 3-5 years as a project or programme manager;
- You have bachelor's degree in Architecture, Civil Engineering, Interior Design, Real Estate Design or similar areas;
- If you have experience gained within an architecture/design/property management agency this will be considered a plus;
- You have experience dealing with building regulations;
- You are able to translate ideas into tangible outcomes;
- You are fluent in English - you'll be part of a truly global company!
- If you are fluent in German this will be considered a plus
- Flat hierarchies and the opportunity to have an impact, irrespective of your job description.
- Convenient location in the heart of Alexanderplatz.
- Our office has a strong sense of community; we get together regularly for breakfasts, brunches, soccer, German and yoga lessons.
- Our team comes from 40 different countries building a fun, international environment.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by Company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.