Payments Operations Manager
BancoEstado has partnered with SumUp, the leading mobile point-of-sale (mPOS) company in Europe, to create the first Payment Facilitator and mPOS Fintech in Chile. This new venture-backed company has as its mission to create a micro-acquiring network that will enable thousands of PYMES throughout the country to grow their business by accepting debit and credit card payments, using their smartphones or tablets, in a simple, secure and cost-effective way.
We are now looking for a pre-MBA, data-driven A-player to join our team as its Payments Operations Manager. In this high-visibility role, you will constantly interact with both local and international peers from our partner SumUp’s offices (Berlin, Sofia, and Sao Paulo) and with the company’s local board of directors, composed of senior executives from BancoEstado and from SumUp Global. As such, you will have to be extremely articulate, and be comfortable communicating with a very diverse array of stakeholders in English and Spanish, fluently and idiomatically (requirement). The Payments Operations Manager is very hands-on and demanding role, as you will have to process and manage payments' data from thousands of customers. As such, we expect you to:
- Handle payment operations end-to-end; execute and improve the payment process for our customers through activities such as data handling, sanity checks, data analysis, insight development, resolution of problems and payment contingencies; all of this in a pressing and demanding context.
- Drive payment process automation and integration; communicate with product managers and developers in Europe to execute the integration of our payments operations into an automated operations management solution. This will require you to move from a business to a technological context in a seamlessly manner and to negotiate an manage with different stakeholders for the success and speed of the development.
- Create a robust methodology to effectively monitor our onboarding process and routines; if something goes wrong, we expect you to quickly define and drive an effective action plan.
- Interact with developers, project managers and third parties in the implementation of technical improvements to both out front-end and back-end platform(s).
- Help us improve our KPIs with a data-driven approach, designing feasible solutions for potential technical and/or operational blockers.
More broadly, you will work closely with management to ensure the continuous implementation and improvement of business process within Operations, Accounting, Administrative, and even Logistics.
- A Bachelor’s of Science degree in Engineering, Math, Business, Information Systems, Computer Science or similar and a solid academic record (top 20% of your class), marked by strong analytical skills.
- Up to 3 years of experience, ideally within Strategy Consulting, Management, Banking, FMCG or a high-growth Startup; Pre-MBAs and recent post-MBA highly encouraged to apply.
- Ability to speak and write English and Spanish fluently and idiomatically; international experience will be a major plus.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams.
- You are a fast-learner and self-starter. You´ll be working at a startup: be prepared to run things outside of your scope and do not expect us to have all answers you need.
- Be passionate about technology and the transforming effect it can have on the growth of SMEs/PYMEs in Chile.
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and hands-on attitude, demonstrated either professionally or through extracurricular activities (clubs, associations or hobbies).
- Excel and analytical capabilities are pivotal. Being comfortable with vast amount of data, creating advanced spreadsheets and coming up with conclusions/recommendations are a fundamental part of this role
- Be a problem-solver and pragmatic.