Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
Our SumUp office in São Paulo is currently hiring for the position(s) of Senior Quality Assurance Engineer.
We are looking for experienced and highly motivated Quality Assurance Engineers with passion for quality. You will work in a dynamic and professional environment and will have the chance to contribute to various applications that make our product unique.
- Work in IT department of professionals situated in 3 different locations across the globe.
- Perform acceptance, functional, regression and exploratory testing on the SumUp platform. Take care of manual, automation tests and investigate production issues.
- Be part of feature-focused agile team where the full cycle of development process is accomplished, from planning and development to release and verification on the production environment, focusing strongly and performance, security and reliability.
- Read remote system logs and investigate data stored in the database(s).
- Commit to a proactive approach within the team. Communicate and collaborate with colleagues within and outside of the Software Department to deliver best value.
- Create test plans, test documentation and manuals.
- Focus on automation of manual tasks, speeding up the daily/weekly tasks of the QA team.
- 5+ years of experience in a professional software development environment.
- Strong technical orientation.
- Attention to detail, passion for quality and its improvement.
- Experience with automation of manual tests is a must.
- Experience with agile methodologies.
- Experience with payments systems is a plus.
- Experience with high availability systems is a plus.
- Knowledge of financial systems and card payments would be an advantage.
SOFT SKILLS REQUIRED
- Analytical and user-experience thinking. Attention to detail is the base of the job.
- Proven ability of troubleshooting and investigation techniques.
- Pragmatic with a strong focus on delivery of business value.
- Open-minded and willing to learn new technologies.
- Flexible and open to change.
- Planning and organization: strong time management and organizational skills, ability to prioritize own tasks.
- Target-driven (including resilience and stress management) and ability to remain focused on goals even when under pressure and maintain an effective work pace despite challenges.
- Enthusiastic, dedicated and willing to learn.
- Semi-annual off-sites, where the tech teams from Berlin, Sofia, and São Paulo gather together. In the past we've gone to Bulgaria and Greece and a castle in the German countryside.
- Nice and flexible working times
- Empowerment to do great things and the opportunity to leave your mark in a high-growth organization
- We have a close, welcoming and international community. Our team comes from 50 different countries creating a fun, international environment. We get together regularly for brunches, cocktail nights, football, office parties, English classes, and more :)
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by Company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.