Operations Analyst (m/f)
We are the leading mobile point-of-sale (mPOS) company in Europe. We started out 5 years ago and built our payment service from scratch to shake up the industry and wake up the entrepreneur within anyone. We created a unique device that with the smartphone that’s in your pocket, allows small merchants to accept card payments anywhere. Whether our merchants are brewing coffee or fixing cars, we want to make technology that everyone knows how to use. So our merchants can get on with what they do best. From our paperless onboarding to taking the first payment, we make it easy. Traditional offerings leave out small businesses, we don’t. We are open and honest about our pricing and have no hidden fees.
Today, hundreds of thousands of small businesses in 16 countries around the world rely on SumUp to get paid. In addition to our original hardware, mobile and web apps we have gone on to develop a suite of APIs and SDKs to integrate SumUp payment into other apps and services.
Why work for us?
We do things differently. We build our own payment solution end-to-end so that we can always offer the best value & service. We know how vital payment is to small business, so we use our technology to solve their problems. We believe in open and transparent communication, not strict rules and hierarchies. If you’re looking for the chance to innovate, and disrupt the payment industry – join us. We are a team of hardworking, talented people with one goal: to build a better way to get paid. We’ve got some huge challenges ahead of us, and we need smart, creative people to help us tackle them. If you think you’ve got what it takes - join us.
As a key member of the operations team you will focus on supporting data management, reporting, and problem resolution. You will directly report to the COO and will work closely with the Client Support Services manager and the different operations team to monitor and improve operational processes.
- Measure and monitor performance of the different operational processes (Logistics, Support, KYC, Payment Operations, Risk and antifraud);
- Identify issues, bottlenecks and propose action plan to streamline and optimise processes;
- Organise and prepare management meetings;
- Identify project requirements by interviewing stakeholders; you should be able to analyze operations, determine project scope and document results;
- Develop problem solutions by describing requirements in a work-flowchart and diagram, analyzing alternative solutions;
- Verify results by completing test;
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards;
- Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information.
- Bachelor’s Degree - quantitative studies preferred (e.g., Math, Computer Science, Economics, Statistics);
- Minimum 1-3 years of hands on experience;
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills;
- Proven experience in process optimisation;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Personable, solutions oriented, creative thinker;
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, fun, and entrepreneurial environment;
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills;
- Strong attention to detail and extremely well-organized;
- Able to deliver against multiple simultaneous tasks with excellence;
- Able to work well with both technical, business and operational teams;
- Advanced skills in Excel, Powerpoint etc;
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com, SQL.
- Flat hierarchies and the opportunity to have an impact, irrespective of your job description.
- Convenient location in the heart of Mitte at U-Bahn Oranienburger Tor.
- All the startup swag you expect: kicker table, table tennis, beer in the fridge, and more!
- Our office has a strong sense of community; we get together regularly for brunches, cocktail nights, soccer, and yoga.
- Our team comes from 24 different countries creating a fun, international environment.
Feel free to contact us for more info on our careers!