We started SumUp to make payments so fast, intuitive and inexpensive that transactions become “invisible”, happening seamlessly in the background. By doing so we empower individuals to sell more, to buy more conveniently and with more choices, ultimately making merchants more successful and driving economic growth. To get there we build payment solutions that are Intuitive (user-centric), Inclusive (affordable) and Innovative (tech-enabled). Our current battle is against cash & paper checks, notably where they are still more present: at micro & small businesses. We are a team of hardworking, talented people with one goal: build striking payments to empower the world. Are you up for this challenge? Apply now!
We process more than 300 thousand transaction per month, and because of that we are moved by a desire to always create the best solutions ever. Concurrency, high performance, scalability and high availability are present in our daily routine. To accomplish this challenge, we use tools and languages that most suit to any given problem, so, learning fast is one of the most welcome skill for us. We know how big our challenge is and for delivering the best solutions we’ll need the best engineers.
As our System Administrator you will not only be accountable for infrastructure in Brazil, from Development Operations to Corporate IT, but also engage our infrastructure team globally to ensure system availability in our fast growing business.
Are you up for the challenge? If so, here is a flavor of what awaits you:
- Ensure availability of Production and Development systems
- Establish Corporate IT infrastructure setup and policies
- Research, analyze and implement new technology solutions for infrastructure
- Closely work with the development team to improve roll out and deployment of new product features and installations to facilitate our rapid and constant growth
- Automate, automate and automate...
- 5+ years experience with web services administration on Linux
- Hands-on scripting with shell or Python/Ruby/Perl
- English is mandatory. You'll be part of a truly global organization
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with monitoring highly available systems
- Experience with automation tools (Ansible, Terraform, Packer, Puppet, Chef or similar)
- Experience with Atlassian tools
- Experience in CI/CD solutions
It's a plus if you have experience with:
- Graylog / Elasticsearch
- DC/OS systems (Mesos, Kubernetes, ECS)
- Security standards
- Empowerment to do great things & leave your mark in a high-growth organization
- Unique opportunity to build our infrastructure dept in Brazil & report directly to our global infrastructure team
- Rewarding compensation
- An amazing team and work-environment, that works with purpose and high-output