We are the leading mobile point-of-sale (mPOS) company in Europe. Our company vision is to become the first ever global card acceptance brand. Today tens of thousands of merchants accept card payments with SumUp in 32 countries including Germany, the UK and Brazil.
As part of SumUp, the Hardware Engineer will develop state of the art payment terminals and terminal accessories by working closely with our hardware/software/mechanical team, marketing, and manufacturing partners, to architect, beautifully design, and certify for payment and security specifications. In addition, they will contribute to the unique SumUp culture that is all about the people that share the same vision.
- Create our next generation secured payment terminal from scratch to mass production.
- Collaborate with our firmware and mechanical engineers to design, test and validate our future products.
- Collaborate with our manufacturing partners: DFT, DFM, failure analysis and yield improvements.
- Brainstorm in our passionate hardware team to solve difficult problems and to be more effective every day.
- Design and debug products from architecture definition to manufacturing support.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in design of consumer electronic or embedded systems.
- Hands-on experience in prototype bring-up and debugging, functional verification and manufacturing support.
- Master degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Experience designing payment terminals targeting PCI PTS certification.
- Experience with Cadence OrCAD and Allegro.
- Experience with miniaturized systems, DFM, analog design, RF design on various technologies, low power design.
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements (especially FCC, CE).
- Budget for attending conferences and advancing your career. We encourage you to speak at conferences and give talks!
- Weekly Lunch and Learn session, where the local engineering team exchanges ideas over company-sponsored lunch.
- Semi-annual off-sites, where the tech teams from Berlin, Sofia, and São Paulo gather together. In the past we've gone to Bulgaria and Greece and a castle in the German countryside.
- We have a close, welcoming and international community. Our team comes from 24 different countries creating a fun, international environment. We get together regularly for brunches, cocktail nights, football, office parties, German classes, and yoga.
- All the startup swag you expect: kicker table, unlimited coffee, and a shiny MacBook Pro.
Apply now! We're looking forward to meeting our next teammate!