We are the leading mobile point-of-sale (mPOS) company in Europe. Our company vision is to become the first ever global card acceptance brand. Today tens of thousands of merchants accept card payments with SumUp in 31 countries including Germany, the UK and Brazil.
Why work for us?
We do things differently. We build our own payment solution end-to-end so that we can always offer the best value & service. We know how vital payment is to small business, so we use our technology to solve their problems. We believe in open and transparent communication, not strict rules and hierarchies. If you’re looking for the chance to innovate, and disrupt the payment industry – join us.
As part of SumUp, the Hardware Engineer will develop state of the art payment terminals and terminal accessories by working closely with our hardware/software/mechanical team, marketing, and manufacturing partners, to architect, beautifully design, and certify for payment and security specifications. In addition, they will contribute to the unique SumUp culture that is all about the people that share the same vision.
- Create our next generation secured payment terminal from scratch to mass production.
- Collaborate with our firmware and mechanical engineers to design, test and validate our future products.
- Collaborate with our manufacturing partners: DFT, DFM, failure analysis and yield improvements.
- Brainstorm in our passionate hardware team to solve difficult problems and to be more effective every day.
- Design and debug products from architecture definition to manufacturing support.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in design of consumer electronic or embedded systems.
- Hands-on experience in prototype bring-up and debugging, functional verification and manufacturing support.
- Master degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Experience designing payment terminals targeting PCI PTS certification.
- Experience with Cadence OrCAD and Allegro.
- Experience with miniaturized systems, DFM, analog design, RF design on various technologies, low power design.
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements (especially FCC, CE).
- Flat hierarchies and the opportunity to have an impact, no matter of your job description.
- Our office has a strong sense of community; we get together regularly for brunches, cocktail nights, soccer, and yoga.
- Our team comes from 24 different countries creating a creative, international environment.
- All the startup swag you expect: kicker table, table tennis, beer in the fridge, and more!
- Convenient location in the heart of Mitte.
Feel free to contact us for more info on our careers!