Hardware Engineer (m/f)
We are the leading mobile point-of-sale (mPOS) company in Europe. Our company vision is to become the first ever global card acceptance brand. Today tens of thousands of merchants accept card payments with SumUp in 15 countries including Germany, the UK and Brazil.
Why work for us?
We do things differently. We build our own payment solution end-to-end so that we can always offer the best value & service. We know how vital payment is to small business, so we use our technology to solve their problems. We believe in open and transparent communication, not strict rules and hierarchies. If you’re looking for the chance to innovate, and disrupt the payment industry – join us.
As part of SumUp, the Senior Hardware Engineer will develop state of the art payment terminals and terminal accessories by working closely with our hardware/software/mechanical team, marketing, and manufacturing partners, to architect, beautifully design, and certify for payment and security specifications. In addition, he/she will contribute to the unique SumUp culture that is all about the people that share the same vision.
- Lead the design and implementation of our next generation secured payment terminal from scratch.
- You will see how your ideas materialize to become SumUp’s flagship products
- Collaborate with our firmware engineers on design, self-test, and implementation
- Collaborate with manufacturing and mechanical engineers - design for test, design for manufacturing, failure analysis, support for manufacturing testing and yield improvements.
- Brainstorm with our passionate hardware team to solve difficult problems and to be more effective every day.
- Build and debug prototypes including soldering and assembly.
- Select the best components equipment based on analysis of specifications and their reliability.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in hardware engineering, including full cycle product development
- Experience in PCB/board design of very small products (e.g. wearables, phones, cameras)
- Experience designing payment terminals having PCI PTS certification would be an advantage.
- Ideally, you also are also experienced with antenna design (Wireless Communications, NFC), battery powered devices and/or low power designs
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic work environment.
- You have a passion to tackle new challenges every day.
- Flat hierarchies and the opportunity to have an impact, irrespective of your job description.
- Our office has a strong sense of community; we get together regularly for brunches, cocktail nights, soccer, and yoga.
- Our team comes from 24 different countries creating a fun, international environment.
- All the startup swag you expect: kicker table, table tennis, beer in the fridge, and more!
- Convenient location in the heart of Mitte at U-Bahn Oranienburger Tor.
Feel free to contact us for more info on our careers!