Design Engineer / Mechanical Engineer
At SumUp, we are driven to empower small businesses across the globe by de-hassling their lives and helping them to succeed. Our vision as a global FinTech company is to build the first-ever global card acceptance brand, and we are well on our way as small businesses in over 31 countries around the world rely on SumUp to get paid. To get there, we are putting together an awesome team that is committed to one another and to our merchants. You could be our missing link! Help us bring card acceptance to the masses!
Our boldness, startup mindset, empathy and love for product foster a creative environment for our employees. We value an entrepreneurial spirit and seek to build lasting relationships among our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can help small businesses grow.
As part of SumUp's Hardware team, you’ll develop state of the art payment terminals and peripherals. You will work closely with our hardware, software and industrial design teams, engaging with marketing and manufacturing partners. In Hardware our goal is to envision and beautifully design our products, making sure they are prepared for payment and security specifications. We are passionate about our product and the vision of bringing new payment solutions to small merchants!
Our office in Berlin is currently hiring for the position of Design Engineer/Mechanical Engineer.
What you’ll be doing in this position
- Design and implement our next generation payment terminals from scratch. You will see how your ideas materialize to become SumUp's next flagship products
- Develop detailed sketches, stunning 3D models and prototypes of your product designs
- Define and source high quality components and materials for our products
- Brainstorm with our passionate hardware & marketing team to solve difficult problems and optimize design solutions
- Create exceptional high-quality product packaging to deliver a wonderful product experience to our new customers
- Refine your design by iterating the prototypes to production
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field such as Mechanical engineering, Industrial design or equivalent practical experience
- 3 years of experience with consumer electronics
- Demonstrable experience with bringing Injection Molded Plastics to production
- Proficient in designing solids and surfaces in 3D CAD
- Good communication skills, proficient in English
- Master's degree in Mechanical engineering or Industrial design
- 5+ years of experience with consumer electronics or mobile devices
- Experience in designing packaging for consumer products
- Experience in a wide range of materials and manufacturing processes
- We have a close, welcoming and international community. We get together regularly for brunches, cocktail nights, football, office parties, German classes, and yoga.
- SumUp Corporate Pension Scheme
- Free German & Yoga classes
- Weekly Lunch and Learn session, where the local engineering team exchanges ideas over company-sponsored lunch.
- All the startup swag you expect: kicker table, unlimited coffee, and a shiny MacBook Pro.
If you want to know what it’s like to work at SumUp, check out our careers page at https://sumup.com/careers.
We are looking forward to receiving your application!
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by Company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.