Data Warehouse Developer
At SumUp, we are driven to empower small businesses across the globe by de-hassling their lives and helping them to succeed. Our vision as a global FinTech company is to build the first-ever global card acceptance brand, and we are well on our way as small businesses in over 31 countries around the world rely on SumUp to get paid. To get there, we are putting together an awesome team that is committed to one another and to our merchants. You could be our missing link! Help us bring card acceptance to the masses!
Our boldness, startup mindset, empathy and love for product foster a creative environment for our employees. We value an entrepreneurial spirit and seek to build lasting relationships among our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can help small businesses grow.
Sumup is looking for a Data warehouse developer with strong analytical skills, able to optimize and scale our data warehouse while working closely with our business development team. If you have skills in digging through data sources to see what's really there, good communication skills and you are a trouble-shooter, we want you!
What you’ll be doing in this position
- Design, develop, and maintain data warehouse and analytics architecture to meet business analysis and reporting needs
- Develop, test, improve and maintain ETL jobs and data flow scripts to fill data warehouse from production databases, cloud platforms and various external data sources
- Build fast and scalable data pipelines between databases, data warehouse and cloud platforms
- Evaluate, benchmark and improve the scalability, robustness, efficiency and performance of big data platform, data pipelines and applications
- Design and develop data marts
- Manage data quality
- Optimize and scale data warehouse and data processing infrastructure
- Contribute to development of data analytical and self-learning applications
- Computer science or quantitative degree and at least 2 years of related job experience
- Python is a must-have; you should also have at least basic knowledge of Java or C#, and good knowledge of R
- Very good understanding of RDBMS (preferably Postgres). Knowledge of data modelling, normalization, denormalization, design of data warehouse and data marts. Very good knowledge of SQL and RDBMS procedural languages - pl/pgSQL is preferred, but experience with other SQL extensions like PL/SQL, T-SQL etc. is also accepted.
- Experience of making ETL jobs, knowledge of ETL tools (Talend, Pentaho, SSIS, Informatica etc.)
- Experience of making data flows, real-time data processing, scalable systems, Kafka, RabbitMQ (or other messaging systems)
- Big data and/or noSQL: Redshift, BigQuery, Hadoop, Mongo
The following skills are an advantage:
- Knowledge of Salesforce, Salesforce API (very desirable), Salesforce Apex.
- Experience of scaling Postgres for production/analytical needs
- Experience of fetching data from multiple sources (facebook, google analytics, mailchimp, twitter etc), knowledge of API’s, web scraping
- Knowledge in the field of BI, data science, analytics or statistics. Experience of applying statistical methods to analyse merchant behaviour, finding trends, patterns, making predictions
- Knowledge of Spark, Scala or PySpark, and/or scikit-learn, pandas, other data science/machine learning libraries in Python or R. Experience in data analysis, data visualisation (matplotlib, ggplot etc.), implementation of machine learning applications for fraud detection, customer analytics, anomaly detection.
- Very good knowledge of MS Excel, VBA and Tableau, experience of making VBA applications for optimization, planning, making business or financial models. Experience of building Tableau dashboards.
- Budget for attending conferences and advancing your career. We encourage you to speak at conferences and give talks!
- SumUp Corporate Pension Scheme
- German classes
- Yoga classes
- Weekly Lunch and Learn session, where the local engineering team exchanges ideas over company-sponsored lunch
- Semi-annual off-sites, where the tech teams from Berlin, Sofia, and São Paulo gather together. In the past we've gone to Bulgaria and Greece and a castle in the German countryside
- We have a close, welcoming and international community. We get together regularly for brunches, cocktail nights, football, office parties, German classes, and yoga
- All the startup swag you expect: kicker table, unlimited coffee, and a shiny MacBook Pro
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by Company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.