Head of Operations (m/f)
We are the leading mobile point-of-sale (mPOS) company in Europe. We started out 5 years ago and built our payment service from scratch to shake up the industry and wake up the entrepreneur within anyone. We created a unique device that with the smartphone that’s in your pocket, allows small merchants to accept card payments anywhere. Whether our merchants are brewing coffee or fixing cars, we want to make technology that everyone knows how to use. So our merchants can get on with what they do best. From our paperless onboarding to taking the first payment, we make it easy. Traditional offerings leave out small businesses, we don’t. We are open and honest about our pricing and have no hidden fees.
Today, hundreds of thousands of small businesses in 16 countries around the world rely on SumUp to get paid. In addition to our original hardware, mobile and web apps we have gone on to develop a suite of APIs and SDKs to integrate SumUp payment into other apps and services.
Why work for us?
We do things differently. We build our own payment solution end-to-end so that we can always offer the best value & service. We know how vital payment is to small business, so we use our technology to solve their problems. We believe in open and transparent communication, not strict rules and hierarchies. If you’re looking for the chance to innovate, and disrupt the payment industry – join us. We are a team of hardworking, talented people with one goal: to build a better way to get paid. We’ve got some huge challenges ahead of us, and we need smart, creative people to help us tackle them. If you think you’ve got what it takes - join us.
We’re seeking for an experienced, hands-on Head of Operations to join our team in Sofia.
As Head of Operations, you can deliver inspiring, supportive leadership for the project and teams you manage. But at the same time, you don’t shy away from rolling up your sleeves and getting involved whenever necessary.
The quality of your leadership is key to succeed in this role: you’ll motivate and inspire your teams to do their best work, while planning schedules and activities that balance their needs with that of the business.
Another crucial aspect of your role will be leading numerous processes that focus on the improvement of projects, with the aim of streamlining all activities. As a key member of the operations team you will directly report to the COO.
- Measure and monitor the performance of the different operational processes: Customer onboarding, KYC, Payment Operations, Risk and Antifraud;
- Lead and motivate teams and coordinate stakeholders in various locations;
- Identify issues, bottlenecks and propose action plans to streamline and optimise processes;
- Identify project requirements by interviewing stakeholders, analyzing operations, determining project scope and documenting results;
- Adjust organisation and processes to tackle the launch of operations in new countries;
- Maintain quality of service by establishing and enforcing organization standards;
- Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information.
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on experience on similar role;
- Experience in Customer Onboarding, KYC, Anti Money Laundering Regulations, Payment Operations, and Risk and Anti-fraud processes;
- Advanced skills in Excel, Powerpoint etc;
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com, SQL;
- Previous experience in leading large, diverse teams;
- Proven leadership skills;
- Ability to work well with both technical, business and operational teams;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills;
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, fun, and entrepreneurial environment;
- Strong attention to detail and extremely well-organized;
- Ability to deliver against multiple simultaneous tasks with excellence;
- Personable, solutions oriented, creative thinker;
- Positive attitude, highly self-motivated, able to work in a dynamic environment;
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Flat hierarchies and the opportunity to have an impact, irrespective of your job description;
- Convenient location in the heart of Sofia;
- Nice and comfortable working times;
- Great team spirit with a strong sense of community; we get together regularly for brunches, cocktail nights and yoga;
- Competitive remuneration;
- Additional health insurance;
- 23 days paid vacation.
We look forward to your application!
Feel free to contact us for more info on our careers!