Sales Manager UK/Ireland
At SumUp, we are driven to empower small businesses across the globe by de-hassling their lives and helping them to succeed. Our vision as a global FinTech company is to build the first-ever global card acceptance brand, and we are well on our way as small businesses in over 31 countries around the world rely on SumUp to get paid. To get there, we are putting together an awesome team that is committed to one another and to our merchants. You could be our missing link! Help us bring card acceptance to the masses!
Our boldness, startup mindset, empathy and love for product foster a creative environment for our employees. We value an entrepreneurial spirit and seek to build lasting relationships among our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can help small businesses grow.
Become a part of SumUp’s first Start-up within the company: In the Point of Sale team, we’re building and running an entirely separate software-as-a-service (SaaS) business around a Point of Sale Register product for our European markets. You’ll be joining an interdisciplinary and self-sufficient team solving problems around the topics of lead generation, sales, operations, logistics, customer experience and marketing with the aim of making this business thrive.
Our SumUp office in Berlin is currently hiring for the position of Sales Manager UK/Ireland.
What you’ll be doing in this position
- You get in touch with leads and acquire new customers for our iPad-based Point of Sale solution via telephone and email in the UK and Ireland.
- You are the first point of touch with our customers, you consult them in a competent and friendly manner.
- We believe in a consultative sales approach: no cold calling, no "hard-sell". Your job is to offer great solutions our customers' problems.
- You actively work on optimizing our sales process in order to continuously increase the satisfaction of our customers.
- You supervise your own projects and work closely together with other departments such as business development, marketing and support and support them if needed.
- You are part of an international, multilingual team.
- You have mastered the English language perfectly, both orally and in writing
- Great communication comes to you naturally
- Calmness, patience and wittiness are some of your core strengths
- You have a friendly personality and are empathic
- The satisfaction of your customers is your number one priority
- You are persistent when it comes to understanding and fulfilling our customers’ expectations
- You have basic knowledge of technology and you are a quick learner
- Bonus: You have experience working with point of sale solutions
- Work in a small, highly motivated team with the modest goal of revolutionizing an entire global industry
- Holistic approach: you'll learn what it’s like to build up a business and get insights to everything that goes along with it
- Flat hierarchies: take active part in making the decisions that influence you and the business directly
- Our office has a strong sense of community; we get together regularly for brunches, cocktail nights, soccer, and yoga
- Our team comes from 30 different countries, creating a fun, international environment
- All the startup swag you expect: kicker table, table tennis, beer in the fridge, and more!
- Convenient location in the heart of Mitte at U-Bahn Oranienburger Tor
If you want to know what it’s like to work at SumUp, check out our careers page at https://sumup.com/careers.
We are looking forward to receiving your application.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by Company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.