Sales Manager UK/Ireland (m/f)
We are the leading mobile point-of-sale (mPOS) company in Europe. We started out 5 years ago and built our payment service from scratch to shake up the industry and wake up the entrepreneur within anyone. We created a unique device that with the smartphone that’s in your pocket, allows small merchants to accept card payments anywhere. Whether our merchants are brewing coffee or fixing cars, we want to make technology that everyone knows how to use. So our merchants can get on with what they do best. From our paperless onboarding to taking the first payment, we make it easy. Traditional offerings leave out small businesses, we don’t. We are open and honest about our pricing and have no hidden fees.
Today, hundreds of thousands of small businesses in 30 countries around the world rely on SumUp to get paid. In addition to our original hardware, mobile and web apps we have gone on to develop a suite of APIs and SDKs to integrate SumUp payment into other apps and services.
Why work for us?
We do things differently. We build our own payment solution end-to-end so that we can always offer the best value & service. We know how vital payment is to small business, so we use our technology to solve their problems. We believe in open and transparent communication, not strict rules and hierarchies. If you’re looking for the chance to innovate, and disrupt the payment industry – join us. We are a team of hardworking, talented people with one goal: to build a better way to get paid. We’ve got some huge challenges ahead of us, and we need smart, creative people to help us tackle them. If you think you’ve got what it takes - join us.
What your new challenge will look like:
- You get in touch with leads and acquire new customers for our iPad-based Point of Sale solution via telephone and email in the UK and Ireland
- You are the first point of touch with our customers, you consult them in competent and friendly manner
- We believe in a consultative sales approach: no cold calling, no "hard-sell" - your job is to offer solutions our customers' problems
- You actively work on optimizing our sales process in order to continuously increase the satisfaction of our customers
- You supervise your own projects and work closely together with other departments such as business development, marketing and support and support them if needed
- You are part of an international, multi-lingual team
- You master the English language perfectly, both orally and in writing
- Great communication comes to you naturally
- Calmness, patience and wittiness are some of your core strengths
- You have a friendly personality and you are empathic
- The satisfaction of your customers is your number one priority
- You are persistent when it comes to understanding and fulfilling our customers’ expectations
- You are good at managing your tasks and your time
- You have basic knowledge of technology and you are a quick learner
- Bonus (no requirement): you have experience working with point of sale solutions
- Work in a small, highly motivated team with the modest goal of revolutionizing an entire global industry
- Holistic approach: you learn what it’s like to build up a business and get insights to everything that goes along with it
- Flat hierarchies: take active part in making the decisions that influence you and the business directly.
- Our office has a strong sense of community; we get together regularly for brunches, cocktail nights, soccer, and yoga.
- Our team comes from 24 different countries creating a fun, international environment.
- All the startup swag you expect: kicker table, table tennis, beer in the fridge, and more!
- Convenient location in the heart of Mitte at U-Bahn Oranienburger Tor.
If you want to know what it’s like to work at SumUp check our careers page: https://sumup.com/careers
If there's something you'd like to ask, feel free to get in touch: email@example.com