At SumUp, we are driven to empower small businesses across the globe by de-hassling their lives and helping them to succeed. Our vision as a global FinTech company is to build the first-ever global card acceptance brand, and we are well on our way as small businesses in over 31 countries around the world rely on SumUp to get paid. To get there, we are putting together an awesome team that is committed to one another and to our merchants. You could be our missing link! Help us bring card acceptance to the masses!
Our boldness, startup mindset, empathy and love for product foster a creative environment for our employees. We value an entrepreneurial spirit and seek to build lasting relationships among our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can help small businesses grow.
The Office Infrastructure team aims to provide all SumUpers with the best work environment and implement an outstanding welcoming culture in our company. We are in charge of ensuring structure and order in our offices and our goal is to do so while sharing a positive energy and a good mood with SumUpers and visitors. Are you an open and creative communicator? Do you shine in a fast-paced environment? If the answer is yes, this might be the job for you!
What you’ll be doing in this position
- You will welcome visitors, vendors, couriers, and clients to our office.
- You will manage the inventory of office supplies and place orders when necessary.
- You will support the team with a variety of day-to-day administrative tasks: Handle incoming and outgoing mail; place and receive food orders for specific events; answer incoming calls; assist with organizing business trips; and others.
- You will assist with organizing company events (MeetUps, trainings, etc.).
- You are available to work part-time (10 hours per week, possibly more in the future).
- You are reliable, detail-oriented, and have strong organizational skills.
- You are proactive and able to work autonomously: If you see something that’s not working, you don’t wait for instructions to solve it.
- You are flexible and quick in identifying and tackling the office’s needs.
- You are a team player.
- You are fluent in English and German (both written and spoken).
- If you have experience in a similar position, in accounting, or working at the front desk, it will be considered a plus.
- Flat hierarchies and the opportunity to have an impact, irrespective of your job description.
- Great location in the heart of Cologne.
- Our office has a strong sense of community: We get together regularly for sports, Karneval, and drinks.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by Company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.