We started SumUp to make payments so fast, intuitive and inexpensive that transactions become “invisible”, happening seamlessly in the background. By doing so we empower individuals to sell more, to buy more conveniently and with more choices, ultimately making merchants more successful and driving economic growth. To get there we build payment solutions that are Intuitive (user-centric), Inclusive (affordable) and Innovative (tech-enabled). Our current battle is against cash & paper checks, notably where they are still more present: at micro & small businesses. We are a team of hardworking, talented people with one goal: build striking payments to empower the world. Are you up for this challenge? Apply now!
We truly love technology, so working in Finance won't be different. Technology will need to be in your blood!
As a Finance Analyst, you will put money in everyone's pockets! Responsible for improving our payroll's processes to the state-of-art. We want to make every process as automatic and reliable as possible. You'll be the gatekeeper of every single person salaries and benefits.
Here is a flavor with a few concrete examples of your day-to-day job:
- Help implementing a payroll management software;
- Guarantee salaries and benefits in an extremely reliable manner (95% is not good enough, we aim at 99,9%);
- Operate payroll process end-to-end (data entry, handling and resolution of user inquiries, auditing of process data, analysis and resolution of problems and special cases, accounting entries and accruals, etc);
- Identify problems and opportunities for enhancement of processes. Define and assess improvement options and execution/project management for the respective initiatives;
- Become a thought leader in people processes, and use this knowledge and data to execute process improvements to produce efficiency and scale;
- Budgeting, forecasting and controlling on People matters;
- Salaries market research, intelligence and advise for recruiting, retention and promotion purposes.
- English is mandatory. You'll be part of a truly global organization;
- Minimum 2-3 years of professional experience in analytical areas;
- Empathy and Excellent communication. You'll deal with people from all areas, all levels and all backgrounds.
- Analytical capabilities are pivotal (Excel ninja-level is mandatory and SQL is a super plus). You'll be responsible for very sensitive data and will need to be resourceful!
- You are a fast-learner and self-starter. You'll be working at a startup: be prepared to run things outside of your scope and do not expect us to have all answers you need;
- A Bachelor’s degree or similar education from a top school at Engineering, Computer Science, Business Administration, Math, Accounting or related graduation courses.
- Empowerment to do great things;
- Opportunity to leave your mark;
- An amazing team and work-environment, that works with passion, purpose and high-output;
- Rewarding compensation.