Our SumUp office in Berlin is now hiring for the position of Account Manager.
You will join a team of highly-motivated individuals who drive the SumUp for Developers' channel. This customer-facing role will give you an opportunity to work on a complex product with experienced stakeholders who will guide you along your journey — be warned: a successful outcome will rely on your determination to get the job done. If you’re passionate about people, payments and the intricacies of small business we have a job for you.
- Drive the SumUp for Developers' business; serving the high value customers of our leading partners using SumUp’s services across Europe, the US and South America
- Engage with SumUp’s customers via phone, email and social media to help them grow their business; offer product insights and helpful guidance to both our new and existing customers
- Develop new business by onboarding corporate clients in a swift and timely manner
- Analyse data and internal reports to help optimise the customer experience and deliver regular customer feedback to the team
- Must have completed a Bachelor’s degree
- Must be bilingual, speaking English in addition to having native-level language skills in German
- Must have amazing people skills. As an Account Manager, you are responsible for the WOW experience of our customers and must have the confidence to communicate effectively
- Be proactive and self-driven to achieve daily goals and start new initiatives. We're an evolving and rapidly growing company; everything can be re-designed by you
- Experience working in a dynamic and collaborative work environment preferred
- Previous sales experience is a plus
- Flat hierarchies and the opportunity to have an impact, irrespective of your job description.
- Convenient location in the heart of Mitte at U-Bahn Oranienburger Tor.
- Kicker table, beer in the fridge, German classes, and yoga in the yard. What more could you want?
- Our office has a strong sense of community; we get together regularly for brunches, cocktail nights, soccer and yoga.
- Our team comes from over 30 different countries creating a fun, international environment.
If you want to know what it’s like to work at SumUp, check out our careers page: https://sumup.com/careers.
We are looking forward to receiving your application.
We are the leading mobile point-of-sale (mPOS) company in Europe. We started out 5 years ago and built our payment service from scratch to shake up the industry and wake up the entrepreneur within anyone. We created a unique device that, with the smartphone that’s in your pocket, allows small merchants to accept card payments anywhere. Whether our merchants are brewing coffee or fixing cars, we want to make technology that everyone knows how to use. So our merchants can get on with what they do best. From our paperless onboarding to taking the first payment, we make it easy. Traditional offerings leave out small businesses; we don’t. We are open and honest about our pricing and have no hidden fees.
Today, hundreds of thousands of small businesses in 31 countries around the world rely on SumUp to get paid. In addition to our original hardware, mobile and web apps we have gone on to develop a suite of APIs and SDKs to integrate SumUp payment into other apps and services.
Why work for us?
We do things differently. We built our own payment solution end-to-end so that we can always offer the best value and service. We know how vital payment is to small business, so we use our technology to solve their problems. We believe in open and transparent communication, not strict rules and hierarchies. If you’re looking for the chance to innovate and disrupt the payment industry – join us. We are a team of hardworking, talented people with one goal: to build a better way to get paid. We’ve got some huge challenges ahead of us, and we need smart, creative people to help us tackle them. If you think you’ve got what it takes – please apply.