Social Media Manager (m/f)
We are the leading mobile point-of-sale (mPOS) company in Europe. We started out 5 years ago and built our payment service from scratch to shake up the industry and wake up the entrepreneur within anyone. We created a unique device that allows small business owners to accept card payments anywhere with the smartphone in their pocket. Whether our merchants are brewing coffee or fixing cars, we want to make technology that anyone can use - so our merchants can get on with what they do best. From our paperless onboarding to taking the first payment, we make it easy. Traditional offerings leave out small businesses, we don’t. We are open and honest about our pricing and have no hidden fees.
Launched in August 2012, our company enjoys impressive global reach and has since expanded into 16 countries, including Germany, the U.S. and Brazil. SumUp continues to grow and is backed by American Express, BBVA, Groupon, Holtzbrinck Ventures and other renowned venture capital investors.
Today, hundreds of thousands of small businesses in 16 countries around the world rely on SumUp to get paid. Beyond our original hardware, mobile and web apps, we have gone on to develop a suite of APIs and SDKs for integrating SumUp payment into other apps and services.
Why work with us?
We do things differently. We build our own payment solution end-to-end so that we can always offer the best value and service. We know how vital payment is to small business, so we use our technology to solve their problems. We believe in open and transparent communication, not strict rules and hierarchies. We are a team of hardworking, talented people with one goal: to build a better way to get paid. We’ve got some huge challenges ahead of us, and we need smart, creative people to innovate and disrupt the payment industry. If you think you’ve got what it takes - join us!
Your impact at SumUp
You’ll have the opportunity to implement your passion for and strong knowledge of social media (esp. Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter). Help shape our brand awareness and reputation by formulating content that considers customer sentiment and engagement on social media. Work with social media in cycles of strategy, execution, and analysis as well as implement your knowledge of Facebook Insights and other tools to iterate on your content, etc. With your fresh perspective, you’ll help us create brand new types of content, with a focus on the latest social media features (e.g. Instagram Stories, Facebook Live, etc.).
- Lead and implement our social media strategy & goals to grow the brand and support the needs of the business.
- Develop and implement campaigns as well as compelling new content for our social media channels and blog.
- Publish and manage blog posts via our CMS tool (Contentful)
- Manage and monitor Facebook messages, tweets and Instagram comments.
- Grow a community of influencers and guest bloggers. Drive awareness of the blog by posting the articles in relevant forums and groups.
- Create photo/graphic and video content (for tutorial videos, customer support videos, etc.).
- Repurpose content from other sources to our social media channels.
- Contribute to our weekly content editorial meetings.
- Analyze, track and report on social media data from Facebook Insights and AgoraPulse, Google Analytics and more.
- Strong passion for social media. You live and breathe online.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or related field.
- 2+ years of experience working professionally with social media.
- Excellent oral and written English communication and skills. Extra languages (esp. German or French) are a bonus.
- In-depth, professional knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter. Other platforms are a bonus.
- Strong analytical skills, in-depth experience with social media analytics, including Facebook Insights and Google Analytics.
- Knowledge of Photoshop/Pixelmator, photography, and videography are a bonus.
- Flat hierarchies and the opportunity to have an impact, irrespective of your job description.
- A convenient location in the heart of Mitte at U-Bahn Oranienburger Tor.
- All the startup swag you expect: kicker table, table tennis, beer in the fridge, and more!
- Our office has a strong sense of community; we get together regularly for brunches, cocktail nights, soccer, and yoga.
- Our team comes from 24 different countries creating a fun, international environment.