Head of Email Marketing
At SumUp, we are driven to empower small businesses across the globe by de-hassling their lives and helping them to succeed. Our vision as a global FinTech company is to build the first-ever global card acceptance brand, and we are well on our way as small businesses in over 31 countries around the world rely on SumUp to get paid. To get there, we are putting together an awesome team that is committed to one another and to our merchants. You could be our missing link! Help us bring card acceptance to the masses!
Our boldness, startup mindset, empathy and love for product foster a creative environment for our employees. We value an entrepreneurial spirit and seek to build lasting relationships among our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can help small businesses grow.
SumUp’s Marketing team is composed by two main pillars. The first includes Content Marketing, Public Relations, Brand and Product Marketing, the guardians of SumUp’s corporate identity and product branding. The goal of this pillar is to make SumUp’s brand known to the world and empower our merchants to become true ambassadors of our products and company. The second pillar, Acquisition, has the goal to acquire new merchants and increase SumUp’s net revenue worldwide. This goal is achieved through strategically placed and creatively designed online and offline marketing campaigns.
What you’ll be doing in this job
- You’ll define our overall email marketing strategy with the goal to continuously increase conversion rates and lifetime value of our merchants
- You will work to continuously improve our user journey to help achieve best-in-class results for activation, engagement and retention
- You will work closely with the business intelligence team to establish campaign KPIs and success metrics through deep understanding of our business objectives
- You’ll drive testing and optimization of the journey, marketing copy, content, and merchant segmentation approaches to continuously improve the funnel
- You’ll lead and develop our email marketing team
- You’ll become a key partner and resource expert for our marketing teams to ensure integration of email marketing into the overall marketing and acquisition strategy
- You’ll develop a deep understanding of the needs of our core markets to ensure a localized experience
- You have 5+ years of designing lifecycle, retention and/or lead generation email campaigns; experience with other CRM channels like in-app push, WhatsApp or Facebook Messenger is a plus
- You have a University degree in Marketing, Communication or Business
- You are fluent in English - you'll be part of a truly global company!
- You have experience with marketing automation and personalization tools, knowledge of Salesforce Marketing Cloud is highly welcomed
- You are comfortable in your understanding of funnel performance, designing experiments, and reasoning logically
- You embrace continuous testing
- You have excellent project management skills, experience working with cross-functional teams to gather insights and develop suitable campaigns
- You have a strategic mindset with a passion and strong understanding for technology and passion for our merchants
- You are a strong team player with the ability to lead and build a team, set the vision, and drive execution
- Flat hierarchies and the opportunity to have an impact, irrespective of your job description.
- Convenient location in the heart of Alexanderplatz.
- Our office has a strong sense of community; we get together regularly for breakfasts, brunches, soccer, German and yoga lessons.
- Our team comes from 50 different countries building a fun, international environment.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by Company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.