We started SumUp to make payments so fast, intuitive and inexpensive that transactions become “invisible”, happening seamlessly in the background. By doing so we empower individuals to sell more, to buy more conveniently and with more choices, ultimately making merchants more successful and driving economic growth. To get there we build payment solutions that are Intuitive (user-centric), Inclusive (affordable) and Innovative (tech-enabled). Our current battle is against cash & paper checks, notably where they are still more present: at micro & small businesses. We are a team of hardworking, talented people with one goal: build striking payments to empower the world. Are you up for this challenge? Apply now!
We process more than 300 thousand transaction per month, and because of that we are moved by a desire to always create the best solutions ever. Concurrency, high performance, scalability and high availability are present in our daily routine. To accomplish this challenge, we use tools and languages that most suit to any given problem, so, learning fast is one of the most welcome skill for us. We know how big our challenge is and for delivering the best solutions we’ll need the best engineers.
- Major degree in Software Engineer, Computer Science or related areas
- Computer Science fundamentals (e.g., data structures, data transformation, function composition, etc.)
- Strong foundation in Linux (command line expertise in Git is a must)
- Experience building a non-trivial Single Page Application (SPA) (Angular or React preferable)
- Proficient using the debugger and the REPL
- Ability to implement design specs precisely with CSS
- Ability to communicate fluently about technical topics in English
- Rewarding compensation
- An amazing team and work-environment, that works with passion, purpose and high-output
- Empowerment to do great things, fast growth
- Creative freedom and opportunity to leave your mark