Accounts Receivable Accountant
We are looking for a Accounts Receivable Intern to provide financial and administrative services.
Accounts receivable duties include ensuring accuracy and efficiency of operations, processing and monitoring incoming payments, and securing revenue by verifying and posting receipts.
- Process accounts and incoming payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures
- Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts receivables’ data
- Prepare bills, invoices and bank deposits
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted. Compile and sort documents prepare and post invoices and credit and debit memos
- Verify discrepancies by and resolve clients’ billing issues
- Facilitate payment of invoices due by sending bill reminders and contacting clients. Prepare monthly receivable statements
- Generate financial statements and reports detailing accounts receivable status
- Generate VAT statements and reports
- Understanding of basic accounting principles, fair credit practices and collection regulations
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Preferable Hands-on experience in operating spreadsheets and accounting software (SAP)
- Proficiency in English and in MS Office (Excel, Word & Powerpoint)
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- BS degree in Finance or Accounting
- Full time permanent contract
- An amazing team and work environment, that works with passion and purpose to achieve incredible results
- Regular working hours
- Short decision-making channels with flat hierarchies
- Challenging tasks in an international environment
- 23 days paid vacation
- Additional health insurance
SumUp is the leading mobile point-of-sale (mPOS) company in Europe and is set to revolutionize the global payments market. With SumUp, merchants can accept credit and debit cards using their smartphones or tablets in a simple, secure and cost-efficient way. SumUp's mobile card acceptance solution is built on proprietary end-to-end EMV payment gateway technology, terminal hardware and mobile applications.
The company is authorized as a Payment Institution by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and is Europay, MasterCard, and Visa (EMV) and PCI-DSS certified, ensuring that payments are processed in accordance with the highest security standards. SumUp is backed by American Express, BBVA Ventures, Groupon and other renowned venture capital investors.
Launched in August 2012, SumUp has expanded into 31 countries, including the UK, Germany and Brazil and is set to continue its global expansion. It has an international and diverse office culture and with major offices in London, Berlin, Sofia and São Paulo.
We are looking forward to receiving your application!