Project Manager - Operations
At SumUp, we are driven to empower small businesses, by reducing their hassle and helping them to succeed. Our goal is to build the first ever global card acceptance brand. To get there we are building an awesome team that is committed to one another and to our customer.
SumUp is looking for a Project Manager to lead end-to-end the special initiatives that will increase performance and scalability from the Operations main functions (Logistics and Customer Services). We want someone to understand, influence and connect the business strategy with the state-of-art solutions and services available, making effective decisions in a fast paced, startup environment.
- Uncommon business sense, enabling you to understand P&L dynamics and to make solid decisions;
- Drive and influence the business strategy, being constantly in contact with the local and global leadership (C-Level included);
- Be the Operations go-to person! Understanding in-depth the routines, main struggles and how to drastically make a difference is core for you;
- Be curious and stay tuned with the payments industry and tech markets in general. The intellectual lead, a high-quality flow of ideas is part of your success path;
- You totally rock on the middle management fundamentals! Structure, manage and control multiple projects should be peanuts for you;
- You embrace and enjoy the hands-on attitude! Jumping on the execution to guarantee quality and deadlines is always a lovely option;
- Communicate effectively and bring completely different audiences together, influencing their decisions, is something you’re comfortable with.
- Fluent in Portuguese and English is mandatory - you're going to work in a Global team!;
- 4 to 6 years of relevant experience in managing logistics or customer services operations or project management - a track record of dealing with hypergrowth environments is a plus;
- Number and hypothesis-driven person, with outstanding analytical skills;
- Outside the curve Excel skills. Once in a while, you’ll face large data sets, pivot tables, and models. SQL, Python, and VBA are pluses;
- Detailed orientated in order to manage a large volume of activity all at once;
- Steep learning curve, or the ability of understanding, structuring and building things from scratch to deliver amazing results.
- A crucial role and responsibility to shape and drive the Operations scalability of a true fintech. Globally!
- Being part of the payments industry revolution. Globally!
- That amazing and exciting startup environment, in one of the coolest offices in the area;
- Healthcare (no discounts for the employee);
- Transportation voucher or parking space;
- Meal voucher;
- Childcare assistance for parents (up to 5 years, 11 months and 29 days);
- Optional dental assistance
Why work for us?
We are a team of hardworking, talented people who do things differently. We’ve got a huge challenge ahead of us: to build our own payments solution, end-to-end, so that we can always offer the best value & service. To succeed, we need smart, creative people. We believe in open and transparent communication, not strict rules and hierarchies. We have all it takes to innovate and disrupt the payment industry! If you think you’ve got what it takes, join us!