Senior Product Designer - UI/UX
At SumUp, we are driven to empower small businesses across the globe by de-hassling their lives and helping them to succeed. Our vision as a global FinTech company is to build the first-ever global card acceptance brand, and we are well on our way as small businesses in over 31 countries around the world rely on SumUp to get paid. To get there we are putting together an awesome team that is committed to one another and to our merchants. You could be our missing link! Help us bring card acceptance to the masses!
Joining the Design Team will be interesting for you if you’re excited by the potential to work with many different platforms/mediums and have a desire and hunger to constantly improve and innovate in these spaces. We have physical hardware (made in Berlin), localized websites, mobile apps on iOS and Android, third-party integrations and a merchant-facing web app. The Team is located in Berlin and Sao Paolo, Brazil covering everything from User Experience and Interaction Design to Brand and Communication Design.
To us, (Senior) Product Designer means you are comfortable with designing interfaces from both UX and UI perspective. As part of the design team you will be in charge of turning new features for our mobile and web applications from concept into reality and also for continuously improving the interface. You'll shape some of the core experiences of our merchants: from their first impression on our website, to the web-based features that make them loyal to our platform.
You'll fit in perfectly to our team if:
- You not only know how to make things beautiful but also know how to speak the language of the user.
- You're enthusiastic about the complete design process, from the technical architecture to the final interface.
- You think about the entire experience of users rather than a single screen in isolation.
- You care about delivering a consistent experience and visual language across all platforms.
- You're not only interested in input from developers, marketers and users, but you're able to ask the right questions, give feedback and critique your own solutions.
- By validating your assumptions with proper user research and usability testing, you make sure you're addressing the right problems the right way.
- You like working on a product from start to finish, and are willing to work tirelessly until an excellent and solid feature can be shipped.
- You have a strong portfolio that demonstrates a well-structured, iterative design process for turning an idea into a creative and unique design.
- You have 3+ years experience as a UX and UI Designer
- You know the common design tools and services (we mainly use Sketch)
- Your excellent communication and presentation skills will help you collaborate with team members from a wide range of countries and cultures
- You have experience in working in an agile environment and the ability to adapt quickly to changing product priorities
- Knowledge of frontend technologies (e.g., CSS, HTML, JS), experience with prototyping tools or motion design is a plus
- You are comfortable in English. German is a bonus.
- Flat hierarchies and the opportunity to have an impact, irrespective of your job description.
- Convenient location in the heart of Berlin Mitte in Alexanderplatz.
- All the startup swag you expect: kicker table, table tennis, beer in the fridge, and more!
- Our office has a strong sense of community; we get together regularly for brunches, cocktail nights, soccer, and yoga.
- Our team comes from 30 different countries creating a fun, international environment.
We'll be happy to receive your application including your resume, cover letter and portfolio that demonstrates your experience.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by Company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.