Product Designer - UI/UX (m/f)
We do things differently. We are innovative, intuitive and inclusive.
We are the leading mobile point-of-sale (mPOS) company in Europe. Our company vision is to become the first ever global card acceptance brand. Today tens of thousands of merchants accept card payments with SumUp in 15 countries including Germany, the UK and Brazil.
Working as a Product Designer for SumUp could be interesting for you because we cover many different platforms that we constantly try to improve: We have physical hardware (made right here in Berlin), localized websites, mobile apps on iOS and Android, third-party integrations and a merchant-facing web app.
Help us bring card acceptance to the masses!What we're looking for
To us, Product Designer means you are comfortable with designing interfaces from both UX and UI perspective. As part of the design team you will be in charge of turning new features for our mobile and web applications from concept into reality and continuously improve the interface. You'll shape some of the core experiences of our merchants: from their first impression on our website, to the web-based features that make them loyal to our platform.
You'll fit in perfectly to our team if:
- You not only know how to make things beautiful but also know how to speak the language of the user.
- You're passionate about the complete design process, from the technical architecture to the final interface.
- You think about the entire experience of users rather than a single screen in isolation.
- You care about delivering a consistent experience and visual language across all platforms.
- You're not only interested in input from developers, marketers and users, but you're able to ask the right questions, give feedback and critique your own solutions.
- By validating your assumptions with proper user research and usability testing, you make sure you're addressing the right problems the right way.
- You like working on a product from start to finish, and iterate until an excellent and solid feature can be shipped.
- You have a strong portfolio that demonstrates a well-structured, iterative design process for turning an idea into a creative and unique design.
- You have 3+ years experience as a UX & UI Designer
- You know the common design tools and services (we mainly use Sketch)
- Your excellent communication and presentation skills will help you collaborate with team members from a wide range of countries and cultures
- You have experience in working in an agile environment and the ability to adapt quickly to changing product priorities
- Knowledge of frontend technologies (e.g., CSS, HTML, JS), experience with prototyping tools or motion design is a plus
- You are comfortable in English. German is a bonus.
- Flat hierarchies and the opportunity to have an impact, irrespective of your job description.
- Convenient location in the heart of Mitte at U-Bahn Oranienburger Tor.
- All the startup swag you expect: kicker table, table tennis, beer in the fridge, and more!
- Our office has a strong sense of community; we get together regularly for brunches, cocktail nights, soccer, and yoga.
- Our team comes from 24 different countries creating a fun, international environment.
We'd be happy to receive your application including your resume, cover letter and portfolio that demonstrates your experience.
If you want to know what it’s like to work at SumUp check our careers page: https://sumup.com/careers
If there's something you'd like to ask, feel free to get in touch: email@example.com