Product Owner - Hardware
Our SumUp office in São Paulo is currently hiring for the position of Product Owner.
As part of SumUp, you will develop state of the art payment terminals and terminal peripherals by working closely with our hardware/software/Industrial design team, marketing, and manufacturing partners, to envision, beautifully design, and certify for payment and security specifications. In addition, you will contribute to the unique SumUp culture which comprises a group of people that share the same vision.
What you’ll be doing in this job
- Define overall strategy, product roadmap and technical/feature specifications for new products based on long-term product vision, market needs and technical trends.
- Manage the product execution working closely with Engineering, Industrial Design, Product Design and key stakeholders to engineer the best experience for our merchants.
- Evaluate design and production decisions as part of the product development lifecycle.
- Accountability and execution of business models to achieve meaningful commercial success.
- Own and manage product life cycle from inception through execution and mass production.
- A degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of Product Management or similar experience
- Experience building and scaling B2B or B2C products
- Technical, analytical and cross-functional collaboration experience
- MBA or direct experience in business operations experience
- Experience with cross-functional teams including Hardware, Software, Industrial Design, Marketing, Finance, Supply Chain, Customer Support and Legal
- Willingness to travel
- Great communication and interpersonal skills to champion initiatives internally and externally, and for effective communication with executive management and external partners
- Semi-annual off-sites, where the tech teams from Berlin, Sofia, and São Paulo gather together. In the past we've gone to Bulgaria and Greece and a castle in the German countryside.
- Nice and flexible working times
- Empowerment to do great things and the opportunity to leave your mark in a high-growth organization
- We have a close, welcoming and international community. Our team comes from 50 different countries creating a fun, international environment. We get together regularly for brunches, cocktail nights, football, office parties, English classes, and more :)
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by Company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.