Customer Verification Specialist with Italian and English
SumUp is the leading mobile point-of-sale (mPOS) company in Europe and is set to revolutionize the global payments market. With SumUp, merchants can accept credit and debit cards, using their smartphones or tablets, in a simple, secure and cost-effective way. SumUp's mobile card acceptance solution is built on proprietary end-to-end EMV payment gateway technology, terminal hardware and mobile applications.
The company is authorized as a Payment Institution by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and is Europay, MasterCard, and Visa (EMV) and PCI-DSS certified, ensuring that payments are processed in accordance with the highest security standards.
Launched in August 2012, SumUp has expanded into 16 countries, including the UK, Germany and Brazil and is set to expanding globally. It has a team of over 400 people from 26 countries. The company has major offices in London, Berlin, Sofia and São Paulo.
SumUp is backed by American Express, BBVA Ventures, Groupon and other renowned venture capital investors.
We want you as
- Customer Verification Specialist -
Which involves the following responsibilities:
- Communicate with newly registered customers via email
- Review and verification on customers’ registration documents
- Ensure first class customer service
- Resolution of varying levels of customer queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Identification and reporting of any trends in customer queries to senior staff
- Liaise with both internal and external parties in the resolution of escalated customer queries
- Follow best practices and company policies and procedures
- Identify changes which can be made that will improve efficiency and customer experience
- Be equally comfortable working on your own and as part of a team
You’re the perfect match with:
- EXCELLENT command of Italian language and English language
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong team player and ability to interact with colleagues at all levels
- Strong time management and organisational skills, ability to prioritise own tasks
- Flexibility and openness to change: ability to react and adapt to changing priorities
- Enthusiastic, dedicated and willing to learn.
- Conscientious with a “can do” attitude and proactive work ethic.
- Previous experience in the handling of a high volume of email support queries would be an advantage
- Start-ups thrill you. You’re able to identify yourself with them and you know (or at least have an idea) what awaits you when working for one
And you can expect from us:
- An amazing team and work-environment, that works with purpose and high-output
- Nice and comfortable working times
- Short decision-making channels in a technologically demanding, with flat hierarchies in a “Non-Call Center-atmosphere”
- Challenging tasks in an international environment
- Additional health insurance
- 23 days paid vacation
- Performance bonuses
We look forward to your application!