Customer Service Team Leader UK (m/f)
We are the leading mobile point-of-sale (mPOS) company in Europe. We started out 5 years ago and built our payment service from scratch to shake up the industry and wake up the entrepreneur within anyone. We created a unique device that with the smartphone that’s in your pocket, allows small merchants to accept card payments anywhere. Whether our merchants are brewing coffee or fixing cars, we want to make technology that everyone knows how to use. So our merchants can get on with what they do best. From our paperless onboarding to taking the first payment, we make it easy. Traditional offerings leave out small businesses, we don’t. We are open and honest about our pricing and have no hidden fees.
Today, hundreds of thousands of small businesses in 16 countries around the world rely on SumUp to get paid. In addition to our original hardware, mobile and web apps we have gone on to develop a suite of APIs and SDKs to integrate SumUp payment into other apps and services.
Why work for us?
We do things differently. We build our own payment solution end-to-end so that we can always offer the best value & service. We know how vital payment is to small business, so we use our technology to solve their problems. We believe in open and transparent communication, not strict rules and hierarchies. If you’re looking for the chance to innovate, and disrupt the payment industry – join us. We are a team of hardworking, talented people with one goal: to build a better way to get paid. We’ve got some huge challenges ahead of us, and we need smart, creative people to help us tackle them. If you think you’ve got what it takes - join us.
We’re looking for an experienced, hands-on Customer Service Team Lead to join our team in Berlin.
As a Team Lead, you deliver inspiring, supportive leadership for the team you manage. The quality of your leadership is key to succeed in this role: You’ll motivate and inspire your team to do their best work while planning schedules and activities that balance their needs with that of the business.
- Hire, train, manage and develop others
- Innovate and manage change in process and communication
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and work alongside your team resolving customer issues
- Work with other departments to solve complex customer and operational issues
- Hold team accountable to metrics
- Advocate for improving the customer experience
- You have 2 - 4 years experience managing a high performing support team
- You have excellent project management and analytical capabilities and are comfortable with handling and interpretation of vast data
- You are able to mentor team members and unblock the team on technical and operational issues
- You are curious and persistent in solving technical and operational issues
- You have great interpersonal skills with customers and colleagues. Your excellent communication skills will help you go above and beyond the expected; customer support that WOWs people!
- You are proactive, and will go out of your way to contribute in continuously developing what we love the most: “Changing the world by redefining the way merchants and customers interact.”
- You are interested in understanding retail and mobile payment products, the complexities of payment processing, the industry as a whole, and our competitors
- Our Berlin office of roughly 130 people regularly partakes in bonding activities like bimonthly brunch feasts, cocktail hours, cinema nights, as well as weekly yoga;
- You are encouraged to voice your opinion and have a direct impact on our merchant-facing products, even if your ideas are outside of your area of specialisation;
- Easily get to work - our Berlin office is in Mitte: Tram and U-Bahn are literally at our doorstep, S-Bahn only 2 minutes away.
- Get your own SumUp staff account and accept card payments from your friends, free of charge.