Payment Operations Specialist
Our SumUp office in Sofia is now hiring for the position of Payment Operations Specialist.
- Daily validation of payment files for submission to third parties
- Manage daily settlement and reconciliation of payment and payout files between Sumup, third party processors and bank accounts. Ensure all mismatches are handled in a timely manner and all merchants and customer accounts are accurately handled
- Design and deliver accurate reports on a daily/weekly/monthly basis, ensuring the relevant checks and controls are in place on all payment files and payout files to highlight any discrepancies
- Support the operations team in the handling of merchant queries linked to payments and payouts. This includes coordination on a day-to-day basis with third party processors and banking partners on payment, collections and payout related activities
- Identify ongoing enhancements in the settlements and reconciliation process.
- Monthly accounting and reconciliation of payout bank statements in the accounting software of Sumup.
- Review and reconciliation of open items in all acquirers and merchant accounts in the accounting software Sumup
- Reconciliation and analysis of automatically-posted settlements in the accounting software of Sumup;
- You have a master's degree in Economics
- You have minimum 2 years’ experience in a payments role, ideally within the financial services industry-
- Third level Accountancy qualification a distinct advantage
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. You're a strong team player and are able to interact with colleagues at all levels
- Strong time management and organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise your own tasks and able to work under strict deadlines
- Flexible and open to change, meaning you can react well to and adapt to changing priorities
- Enthusiastic, dedicated and willing to learn, you are conscientious with a “can-do” attitude and a proactive work ethic.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills as you constantly gather information and probe for facts. Weigh options and produce practical and workable solutions within the overall defined architecture solution
- Target driven to remain focused on goals even when under pressure and maintain an effective work pace despite challenges
- Start-ups thrill you. You’re able to identify yourself with them and you know (or at least have an idea) of what awaits you when working for one
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- An amazing team and work environment, that works with passion and purpose to achieve incredible results
- Flexible working times
- Short decision-making channels with flat hierarchies in a “non-call-center atmosphere”
- Challenging tasks in an international environment
- 23 days paid vacation
- Additional health insurance
- Performance bonuses
If you want to know what it’s like to work at SumUp, check out our careers page at https://sumup.com/careers.
We look forward to receiving your application!
SumUp is the leading mobile point-of-sale (mPOS) company in Europe and is set to revolutionize the global payments market. With SumUp, merchants can accept credit and debit cards using their smartphones or tablets in a simple, secure and cost-efficient way. SumUp's mobile card acceptance solution is built on proprietary end-to-end EMV payment gateway technology, terminal hardware and mobile applications.
The company is authorized as a Payment Institution by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and is Europay, MasterCard, and Visa (EMV) and PCI-DSS certified, ensuring that payments are processed in accordance with the highest security standards. SumUp is backed by American Express, BBVA Ventures, Groupon and other renowned venture capital investors.
Launched in August 2012, SumUp has expanded into 31 countries, including the UK, Germany and Brazil and is set to continue its global expansion. It has an international and diverse office culture and with major offices in London, Berlin, Sofia and São