Accountant with German
SumUp is the leading mobile point-of-sale (mPOS) company in Europe and is set to revolutionize the global payments market. With SumUp, merchants can accept credit and debit cards using their smartphones or tablets in a simple, secure and cost-efficient way. SumUp's mobile card acceptance solution is built on proprietary end-to-end EMV payment gateway technology, terminal hardware and mobile applications.
The company is authorized as a Payment Institution by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and is Europay, MasterCard, and Visa (EMV) and PCI-DSS certified, ensuring that payments are processed in accordance with the highest security standards. SumUp is backed by American Express, BBVA Ventures, Groupon and other renowned venture capital investors.
Launched in August 2012, SumUp has expanded into 31 countries, including the UK, Germany and Brazil and is set to continue its global expansion. It has an international and diverse office culture and with major offices in London, Berlin, Sofia and São Paulo.
We do things differently. We build our own payment solution end-to-end so that we can always offer the best value and service. We know how vital payment is to small businesses, so we use our technology to solve their problems. We believe in open and transparent communication, not strict rules and hierarchies. We are a team of hardworking, talented people with one goal: to build a better way to get paid. We’ve got some huge challenges ahead of us, and we need smart, creative people to help us tackle them. If you think you’ve got what it takes - join us.
Our SumUp office in Sofia is now hiring for the position of Accountant with German Language to work within the Finance team and assist in the production of key data for the management team.
- Prepare cost and revenue documents, reflecting the movement of cash, as well as to prepare the accounting records of the company and of the group companies monthly;
- Control and analyze the financial information and to prepare entries to accounts;
- Perform the accounting for all entities within SumUp Group;
- Analyze the revenue and expenditure trends;
- Reconcile the bank accounts daily;
- Prepare and submit VAT declarations;
- Submit reports related to the various tax requirements;
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or related field
- Proficiency in MS Office – advanced Excel skills & extensive experience in using Pivot Tables, VLookUp and Macros
- Excellent spoken and written English and German
- Strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal and cross group collaboration skills
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to develop and maintain high level of knowledge and understanding of the financial environment
- Responsiveness and diligence
- Strong time management and organisational skills, ability to prioritise own tasks as well as the tasks of subordinate employees
- Target driven with ability to remain focused on goals and maintaining effective work despite challenges
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing
- Strong team player and ability to interact with colleagues at all levels
- Strong analysis and problem solving ability. Weigh up options and produce practical and workable solutions.
If you are willing to take your career to new heights, to improve your expertise and unfold your potential, join our team where you will have:
- An opportunity to work on an innovative product that will change the world of payments
- An amazing team and work-environment, that works with purpose and high-output
- Flexible work organization
- Competitive remuneration
- Additional health insurance
- 23 days paid vacation + 1 day for every year with the company
- Company events
We look forward to your application!