Partner Engineer (m/f)
We are the leading mobile point-of-sale (mPOS) company in Europe. We started out 5 years ago and built our payment service from scratch to shake up the industry and wake up the entrepreneur within anyone. We created a unique device that with the smartphone that’s in your pocket, allows small merchants to accept card payments anywhere. Whether our merchants are brewing coffee or fixing cars, we want to make technology that everyone knows how to use. So our merchants can get on with what they do best. From our paperless onboarding to taking the first payment, we make it easy. Traditional offerings leave out small businesses, we don’t. We are open and honest about our pricing and have no hidden fees.
Today, hundreds of thousands of small businesses in 30 countries around the world rely on SumUp to get paid. In addition to our original hardware, mobile and web apps we have gone on to develop a suite of APIs and SDKs to integrate SumUp payment into other apps and services.
Why work for us?
We do things differently. We build our own payment solution end-to-end so that we can always offer the best value & service. We know how vital payment is to small business, so we use our technology to solve their problems. We believe in open and transparent communication, not strict rules and hierarchies. If you’re looking for the chance to innovate, and disrupt the payment industry – join us. We are a team of hardworking, talented people with one goal: to build a better way to get paid. We’ve got some huge challenges ahead of us, and we need smart, creative people to help us tackle them. If you think you’ve got what it takes - join us.
We are looking for a Partner Engineer who can master all the technical aspects of integrating SumUp's APIs and SDKs for mPOS and eCom, to support, QA and gather regular technical feedback from partners. A successful candidate will be able to improvise and adapt to the needs and the technical requirements of the partner he or she is supporting.
Your work as a Partner Engineer is ever-evolving. One day, you might be on a call with our Business Team and a prospective partner, scoping a SumUp implementation to meet their needs. The next, you'll do some troubleshooting with a partner’s engineering team to enable them to successfully process their first transaction. After that, you might update the technical documentation to address common questions or challenges you notice integrators are having.
At its core, this is a client facing technical support position, so you should have an in-depth understanding of technical aspects of web, server-side, and mobile development.
SumUp's solution can get a new partner transacting in just a few hours, and you will be a key component in improving that process even further.
On a high level, you can expect to:
- Work with 3rd party developers who are integrating SumUp’s APIs and SDKs products
- Provide technical support via phone, chat or email to partners' engineering team
- Actively troubleshoot, test, launch and post go-live monitor integrated solutions
- Work with SumUp's Business Development to team manage relationships with existing partners and sign up new integrators
- Produce and maintain integration guidelines and technical documentation that improve the integration experience
- Help SumUp's Engineering and Product teams to address integration issues, improve existing integration products, and develop new ones
- Obtained or are currently pursuing a degree in Business or an alternative discipline that comprises a good mix of business and IT
- Knowledge of mobile development
- Past experience or interest in the payments industry
- Hands-on experience integrating 3rd party APIs, RESTful services, and native SDKs for Android/iOS/Windows
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals
- A self-starter, motivated, innovative, and capable of quickly learning/adapting.
- Fluent in English, other languages a plus
- When applying, please include a brief cover letter explaining your motivation for applying to this position
- Flat hierarchies and the opportunity to have an impact, irrespective of your job description.
- Convenient location in the heart of Mitte at U-Bahn Oranienburger Tor.
- All the startup swag you expect: kicker table, table tennis, beer in the fridge, and more!
- Our office has a strong sense of community; we get together regularly for brunches, cocktail nights, soccer, yoga and German lessons.
- Our team comes from 24 different countries creating a fun, international environment.
Feel free to contact us for more info on our careers!