Customer Service Expert USA - Student Part-time (m/f)
About usWe are the leading mobile point-of-sale (mPOS) company in Europe. We started out 5 years ago and built our payment service from scratch to shake up the industry and wake up the entrepreneur within anyone. We created a unique device that with the smartphone that’s in your pocket, allows small merchants to accept card payments anywhere. Whether our merchants are brewing coffee or fixing cars, we want to make technology that everyone knows how to use. So our merchants can get on with what they do best. From our paperless onboarding to taking the first payment, we make it easy. Traditional offerings leave out small businesses, we don’t. We are open and honest about our pricing and have no hidden fees.Today, hundreds of thousands of small businesses in 16 countries around the world rely on SumUp to get paid. In addition to our original hardware, mobile and web apps we have gone on to develop a suite of APIs and SDKs to integrate SumUp payment into other apps and services.
Why work for us
We do things differently. We build our own payment solution end-to-end so that we can always offer the best value & service. We know how vital payment is to small business, so we use our technology to solve their problems. We believe in open and transparent communication, not strict rules and hierarchies. If you’re looking for the chance to innovate, and disrupt the payment industry – join us. We are a team of hardworking, talented people with one goal: to build a better way to get paid. We’ve got some huge challenges ahead of us, and we need smart, creative people to help us tackle them. If you think you’ve got what it takes - join us.
What you could have done with us last month!
- Managed calls, email, and other tasks in English in real-time
- Created online and offline support materials
- Worked closely with the Operations and Development team to develop both in-house and external tools for managing customer interaction
- Worked with a multilingual team to provide a consistently positive customer experience
- Challenged all customer-facing deliverables including processes, policies, and other procedures relating to improving the customer experience
- Used your understanding of business objectives, challenges, and opportunities to collaborate with Sales, Marketing, Training, and other departments in the company
Please do NOT apply if:
- You’d feel like a fish out of water without a well-defined, traditional corporate structure
- If you have not consistently performed in the top 15% among your peers in Customer Service
Please DO apply if:
- You have excellent language skills (verbal and written) in English.
- You are available for part-time; 20 hours, flexible schedule, preferably evenings and Saturdays
- You enjoy helping customers and engaging with people on the phone.
- You can remain calm, focused, and friendly even in stressful situations.
- You personally identify with the startup world, find it interesting, and have an idea of what to expect.
- You are curious and persistent in solving technical and operational issues.
- You have strong time management and organizational skills and can prioritise your own tasks.
- You have great interpersonal skills with customers and colleagues. Your excellent communication skills will help you go above and beyond the expected; customer support that WOWs people!
- You are proactive, and will go out of your way to contribute in continuously developing what we love the most: “Changing the world by redefining the way merchants and customers interact.”
- You are interested in understanding retail and mobile payment products, the complexities of payment processing, the industry as a whole, and our competitors.
- You are self-motivated and perform well in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- You are flexible, open to change, and able to adapt to changing priorities.
- You love being a reliable and supportive part of a dedicated team.
- You are a technology enthusiast.
- Our Berlin office of roughly sixty people regularly partakes in bonding activities like bimonthly brunch feasts, cocktail hours, cinema nights, as well as weekly yoga.
- You are encouraged to voice your opinion and have a direct impact on our merchant-facing products, even if your ideas are outside of your area of specialization.
- Easily get to work - our Berlin office is in Mitte: Tram and U-Bahn are literally at our doorstep, S-Bahn only 2 minutes away.
- Get your own SumUp staff account and accept card payments from your friends, free of charge.