Business Development Associate US
We are the leading mobile point-of-sale (mPOS) company in Europe and looking to expand our sales efforts in the United States. Launched in 2012, we built our payment service from scratch to shake up the traditional payments industry, and we are confident in our strategy in the United States. We created a unique device that with the smartphone that’s in your pocket, allowing small merchants to accept card payments anywhere. Whether our merchants are brewing coffee or fixing cars, we want to make technology that everyone knows how to use so our merchants can get on with what they do best. From our paperless and friction-less on-boarding to taking the first payment, we make it fast and easy. Traditional offerings leave out small businesses, we don’t. We are open and honest about our pricing and have no hidden fees or term contracts.
Today, hundreds of thousands of small businesses in 16 countries (32 countries by the end of 2017) rely on SumUp to get paid. In addition to our original hardware, mobile and web apps we have gone on to develop a suite of APIs and SDKs to integrate SumUp payment into other apps and services.
Why work for us?
We do things differently. We build our own payment solution end-to-end so that we can always offer the best value & service. We know how vital payment is to small business, so we use our technology to solve their problems. We believe in open and transparent communication, not strict rules and hierarchies. If you’re looking for the chance to innovate, and disrupt the payment industry – join us. We are a team of hardworking, talented people with one goal: to build a better way to get paid. We’ve got some huge challenges ahead of us, and we need smart, creative people to help us tackle them. If you think you’ve got what it takes - join us.
Becoming a member of the Business Development Team in our U.S. headquarters in Boulder, CO means joining a group of highly motivated individuals whom you will collaborate with to bolster our strategic merchant base in U.S. This unique position offers personal and professional development, community-building, and an in-depth view into the payment industry. By assisting the communication between Business Development and other departments you'll be exposed to multiple teams at SumUp, such as Marketing, Operations, and Product. As a Business Development Associate U.S., you will report to the Managing Director and VP of Business Development in the region and provide support in identifying and managing key accounts, profitably driving merchant acquisition through these partnerships and coordinating process optimization initiatives including lead generation, sales support, account management, partner on-boarding, training, etc.
- Support the Managing Director/VP of Business Development's ongoing initiatives, including lead generation and qualification, attendance of events and meetings, contract negotiation, campaign development and partner on-boarding and management.
- Engage with partners and key accounts in the U.S. to solve ongoing challenges and identify growth opportunities.
- Own the performance reporting pipeline for partners and deliver concise conclusions based on the data you gather.
- Develop and organize the distribution of correspondences comprising of newsletters, e-mails, business proposals, case studies, contracts and partner forms for the Managing Director / VP Business Development - ensure they're delivered on time and with complete accuracy!
- Analyze profitability of partners and partner channels in the U.S.
- Spearhead efforts to contact key merchants to drive retention and referral and be the first point of contact for Business Development enquiries in the U.S.
- Must have completed a Bachelor's, Master's, or MBA in relevant field (communications, business, marketing, management, etc.).
- This is an entry-level job, but you must be highly motivated and seeking a career in Sales, Key Account Management or Business Development.
- Business acumen and customer sensibilities - you need the temperament and confidence to communicate with merchants and C-level executives effectively.
- Senior personality - you must be able work independently and collaborate/coordinate in groups.
- Experience working in a dynamic and collaborative work environment preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English (additionally, German is a plus).
- Flat hierarchies and the opportunity to have an impact, irrespective of your job description.
- Beautiful location in Boulder, Colorado.
- Our office has a strong sense of community; we get together regularly for team lunches, (optional) group workouts, runs, hikes, bike rides, and social events
- Our team comes from 30 different countries creating a fun, international environment.
If you want to know what it’s like to work at SumUp check our careers page: https://sumup.com/careers
If there's something you'd like to ask, feel free to get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org